- Created a new option to allow the line 16 2C code to be reported when employee enrolled and had received a qualifying offer line 14 1A code. This is available under ACA > Part I Employer Settings > 'display the 1A/2C code combination'. This IRS form instructions clarified this year that a line 16 code is not required when the line 14 code is 1A. Some of our customers still requested to see the 2C code anyway, because they saw it last year.
- Update made to the Covered Individuals section, which is used to report enrolled employee and dependent coverage in a self-funded plan. When filing for an ALE group that is using business units to report the different groups, and an employee is enrolled and will be receiving multiple 1095s, we are now reporting the enrolled covered individuals section for each group correctly.
- Added a new statutory exclusion option called 'non-employee' (Employee Management > HRIS Profile > ACA) available to classify those who need to be entered as an employee to receive a 1095, but shouldn't be included in the total employee counts for 1094. This was created primarily for those who are COBRA PQB enrolled dependents that need to be reported for COBRA enrollments in self-funded health plans. We are making a change soon that will not require these COBRA dependents to be added as employees, but this new classification helps resolve any 1095 reporting needed right now.
- Made a change to report an employee as form eligible when using the override eligibility flag for a variable hour employee.
- Updated rounding on Rate of Pay Safe Harbor when cost is 9.66%.
- Fixed two items pertaining employees in an LNP both related to changes in ACA classifications. The first involves identifying when an employee became ineligible for a plan, and the other specific to identifying when the employee is in a waiting period when changing from variable hour to eligible.
- Created a new "ACA Eligibility Override Date" option that allows the eligibility date used for 1095 calculations only to be updated. From the Employee Management Page > Benefit Summary > Benefits Eligibility, for plans that employee is eligible for, there's new edit option to update the eligibility date. This cannot be used to set eligibility, simply to change dates. For those who may have processed a demographic change that set eligibility dates incorrectly, since we don't yet have a mechanism to unwind the demographic changes, this tool should help ease the burden of getting 1095s corrected this year.
- 1K spouse conditional offer code will now be reported instead of the 1A line 14 code when the spouse conditional offer was selected, even if plan cost is FPL affordable.
- Updated the text on the Step 4 transmission page to clarify that those who transmitted 1095s for 2015 would also see the "You've previously submitted..." message.
- Created new benefit salary effective date that allows benefit salary to be changed and applied to applicable benefits and not all. This is important for those who may have benefit salaries that change for the renewing plans, but not the current plan. For those currently using benefit salary (Employee Manage Profile > HRIS Profile > Compensation) the effective date has been set to the current base salary effective date. None of these changes will affect current benefit calculations. Benefit salary and benefit salary effective date function the same way as base salary with regards to importing, processing future changes, and reporting. See our support article for more information.
- Several security changes including:
- Broker, GA, and HR users will now be required to change their password after 90 days.
- Change password now prevents the last 5 passwords from being reused.
- Prevent specific strings of data from being used as passwords containing combinations of unsecure words such as 'password' and 'changeme'.
- Tightened password encryption.
- Username now requires minimum 8 characters.
- Created new plan type for group life and voluntary life called 'Life & AD&D'. Right now, the plan type doesn't do anything, but will allow us to identify those single plans that may need to reported as separate plans when exchanging enrollments with carriers. It may also allow us to more flexibility to report out costs for the benefits separately when setting up only one plan, instead of setting up 2 plans with restrictions.
- Rehire now allows tasks to be reassigned to the employee, regardless of whether the employee had previously completed the task or not. This allows the rehire to start over and re-do the tasks.
- Updated AL, AZ, CT, DC, HI, IA, ME, and MD state withholding forms.
- Resolved a display issue of the additional amount withheld on W-4 introduced in our last relase.
- Resolved an issue deleting employee when a dependent had been flagged as disabled.
- Employees missing benefits required fields was recently added to the Employee Management page. We are no longer evaluating plans that are not active for enrollment and have plan end dates in the past. We were over-jealous in who we were presenting as missing benefit required fields, so these changes should help only show those who you really should care about.
- Group life plans now have the 'allow domestic partner as dependent' option (Benefits > Eligibility > Enrollment Options). This is not a new field, but was missed display on the new plan setup.
- Updated the language on 'allow dependent to enroll' setting on group life so that users didn't think the 'allow dependents' applied to beneficiary.
- Pending Salary Changes report is now also located on the Payroll tab for those beta customer using our integrated payroll option who are spending more time on the Payroll tab than the Reports tab.
- Updated the demographic changes report to ensure that all applicable change fields were showing, and not limit the fields at 40.
- Updated the Payroll Transmission Dashboard for those beta customers using our integrated payroll.
- Fixed an error on pediatric dental enrollment page when there are duplicate current enrollments. Now we are presenting a message indicating administrator needs to be contacted, so the duplicate enrollment can be removed with the enrollment editor.
- Fixed an error on 401k plan enrollments in open enrollment for plans that are greater than 12 months (multi-year).
- Resolved an issue with marketplace emails.
- Fixed the login url token in the password reset complete and registration complete emails.
- Improved the user experience when saving an employee note with a document. Now the document icon will display when save occurs instead of needing to have page reloaded first.
- Broker Wall now checks the employee and company notes and only displays for companies the broker user has been given permission to access.
- The old plan list is no longer accessible. Users shouldn't need to access the old plan list, and if there is a reason to, please contact us so we can make any changes needed to the new plan setup pages.
- Fixed an issue accessing the coverage changes in the last 60 days report (Company home page > Employees > Benefits Stats.
- Vendor users now have access move a beta integrated payroll customer into and out of audit mode. Changes made during audit mode are not transmitted via API.
- Vendor users are no longer allowed to make their products "Open for Business". Please contact us to do it for you.