- Creating a new plan will now set the plan type when there is only one available plan type in the benefit category. For example, when adding a new accident plan, the plan type will be pre-set to accident to reduce the amount of work needed on plan setup. For plans that have more than one plan type available, like medical, nothing will be pre-set.
- Added a second validation step on employee password reset which asks the employee to validate the year of birth when the employee username is not an email address.
- Dependent enrollment dropped through the automated job when dependent is overage will now write an event.
- Performance enhancements to the ACA dashboard. Page was slow to respond, or non-responsive for larger companies.
- Added a link to the employee's generated 2016 1095 from the Manage Employee page, in the Actions list. If a 2016 1095 has not been generated, the link will not be visible. This will improve the usability when researching an employee record, to allow the quick access back to the generated 1095. (This was released last week, but was inadvertently excluded from the release notes. It's a great feature that we didn't want to go unnoticed.)
- Fixed the W-2 Report reported costs when coverage started and ended in January to correctly report $0. See our support article for more information on the W-2 Report.
- Basic life plans will now notify a benefit recalc is needed when changing the spouse/child rate.
- Voluntary life plans will now notify a benefit recalc is needed when changes are made to tobacco rates or policy fees.
- Medical model plans that have a 'annual benefit amount' (plan setup > enrollment options) will now notify a benefit recalc is needed when value is added/changed.
- Fixed an issue causing Issue Age policy setting to be unset when re-saving the policy information tab. If affected, please contact us to help correct the plan.
- Companies subscribed to a COBRA exchange require that dependents have an SSN, gender, and a date of birth prior to allowing termination. This requirement was created to ensure that data provided to the COBRA vendors is complete. We created a new option for these companies to bypass this SSN requirement. Vendors can access this option 'Do not require dependent SSN' (Vendor Home page > in the Setup menu select Companies > select company name) which will skip the required SSN check on terminate employment.
- Integrated payroll will now set the benefit salary for an employee when payroll reduces the employee base salary during the demographic discrepancy audit. This will ensure that payroll cannot adversely reduce the calculated benefits for employees during the initial sync process which occurs when turning on integrated payroll.
- Third party marketplace plans can no longer be activated for enrollment when missing the 'External Account ID' (company home page > Benefits > Third Party Apps menu > External Account IDs. This value provided by the carrier is required to support the enrollment.