The release this morning was an assortment of odds and ends from across the entire platform. Nothing is extremely earth-shattering, but the various little items that may provide some relief or joy to some.
- Add new company will default enrollment setting to 'Pend Until All Complete' (Company home page > Benefits > Enrollment Settings). Prior to this change, default was 'Active When Selected'. No change has been made to existing company settings.
- Loosened rules on enrollment editor dates. Now it can be used for dates within 90 days in the future.
- Updated the HR/Broker user settings (Company home page > Settings > HR Users and Broker > Users). No change in functionality is expected.
- No longer writing 'Begin New Hire Enrollment' during the employee add coverage life events or when administrator uses modify enrollment.
- Creating a new event when saving a future salary change and no longer writing the 'Change Salary' event. This caused confusion because future changes do not take effect, it was misleading to report these as actual salary changes.
- Updated the event grouping for 'Edited Termination Reason' event.
- Removed the life event option 'HR Override - Update Cafeteria Plan'. This was created to correct an enrollment that wasn't made at open enrollment, however many customers were using it and expecting it to "change" an existing cafeteria enrollment. Since it didn't invoke the "change" logic to capture prior deduction balances, the results were not as customers expected. Best to remove it.
- Fix affecting visibility of notes on broker wall.
- Incomplete Employees reports (Company home page > Incomplete Employees > plan filter) and the Missing Benefits fields ( Company home page > search employee > the stat highlighting missing benefit data) will now check plans for benefits configured based on a % of salary and present an employee missing salary.
- Fixed an issue with uploading documents on employee notes. There was an issue preventing the document from loading when accessing the note upload from some pages, but not all.
- Tasks (Company home page > Tasks > Edit task) will now prevent changes to language or uploaded documents if any employee has previously completed the task.
- Fix on PTO accruals when employee date of hire is 2/29.
- Update on PTO request stat.
- Fix on Individual Banded Medical rate job that affected prior year changes, typically occurs as a result of setting up rate structure for an off-calendar year plan when plan and employee change occurred in the prior year.
- ACA eligibility dashboard now has the option to dismiss an employee from the 'Pending Employee Enrollment' list. An employee will come off the list when either electing or declining medical, but this new dismiss option allows the record to come off the list by an administrator directly.
- Preventing Employee and Dependent Profile fields (Company home page > Benefits > Employee Profile Fields or Dependent Profile Fields) from unsetting the editable checkbox for First and Last Name. Also improved the usability when changing the options. As an example, when checking the Required option, we're also setting Editable and Visible.
- Fixed an issue with editing Assets acquired date.
- Fixed an issue preventing employee from resetting forgotten password when he doesn't have an email.
- Added an info icon on the enrollment and benefit summary page when dependents are enrolled in the group life explaining that dependent costs are reflective in the employee cost.
- Shared users no longer have the ability to change password in the header menu.
- Updated the text of the Linked Marketplace contact request. When plan is set to 'Contact Yes/No', during employee enrollment we'll now show text referencing the contact instead of enrollment.
- Updated the labels on the plan setup for PCP, COB, and Beneficiary for consistency across benefits.
- Updated life event 'Spouse Open Season' to 'Spouse Open Enrollment'.
- For COBRAPoint integrated customers, validation has been added on employment termination that will check if integration is using a mapped field for 'Division', and prevent termination if employee is missing the required value.
- Prescription, Telemedicine, and Supplemental Medicine are now COBRA qualified benefits. If using any of these plans for non-COBRA qualified plans, and using an integrated COBRA provider, new qualified events for members enrolled in these plans will begin to report on QE files. When using these benefits, for a non-COBRA qualifying plan, action needs to occur on setup to prevent the notification of these plans.
- When subscribing to an Integrated Payroll exchange, benefits enrollments settings will be changed to 'Pending Until All Complete' if company is set to 'Active When Selected'. This will eliminate the noise by minimizing the back and forth of payroll deduction data to integrated payroll providers during employee enrollment.
- Also on subscribing to Integrated Payroll exchange, user will be presented with company information (any information previously set under Company home > Settings > Profile) and will be given an opportunity to complete any missing data, and can select one broker or HR user to be the primary contact for the payroll integration. This contact information will be provided to payroll vendor under the vendor portal > Company Info. This is a going forward feature, and contacts cannot be set on groups already connected or changed after connected, at least at this time.
- Vendor portal subscriber lists will now display the broker name when mousing over the company name.
- Partners are no longer allowed to add products in the vendor portal.
- Resolved an issue in the vendor portal testing FTP connection (Vendor > Transmission Settings > Test Connection).
- Updated the Employee Demographic Discrepancy auto-mapping column headers for integrated Paylocity customers. This will help ease the employee data sync process for Paylocity customers.
- Removed 'Download Template' from the Employee Discrepancy Audit page. Reports used for this audit are created by the payroll vendor, therefore templates are not used.
- Integrated payroll customers no longer have the ability to end participation for their exchange. Payroll vendor needs to be aware of the changes, and will be able to execute ending participation when needed.
- Platinum licensees with access to the broker API, this will now only include subscribed companies instead of all.
- Fixed a display issue of plan names in the vendor portal that were stripping out multiple spaces in the middle of plan names.
- Updated the time stamp in the 3 header fields for consistency. Change affected the StartDate and EndDate in the COBRA XML.