Lots of exciting things are happening at Employee Navigator! We're thrilled to turn on several new features that we've know you've been waiting on! Enjoy!
Universal Enrollment Forms
Universal enrollment forms are now available! This feature creates a PDF form which can be sent to a carrier to process the employee enrollment. This universal form provides all the necessary employee, dependent, plan, and enrollment information needed for a carrier to process the enrollment. The feature is currently supported for medical model plan types (medical, dental, vision, and all the other plans available in the Add a plan > basic plan type), and requires that pending enrollment be activated. See support article for more details on what is supported and how it works.
Vendor Portal Experience
Improved the layout of the vendor portal! Available links are now presented based on the type of services vendors offer through the portal, removing features that may not pertain to a selected type of license. Overall re-organization of the remaining features will improve vendor the user-experience.
Created a new tool to support limited roll-out of vendor services to targeted groups of brokers. With the new sandbox tool, Employee Navigator can work with the vendor to place one or more broker agencies into sandbox status, where only the selected brokers can see the vendor marketplace plans or can connect to the vendor exchange. This will help a vendor develop a targeted roll-out strategy that can be completed prior to turning on a vendor subscription for everyone.
Vendors can now begin to setup their marketplace plans which will be available for brokers to copy down to their companies to improve the accuracy and efficiency in setting up plans that will be available in the vendor exchange.
Subscriber Groups in Payroll Integration
When a company manages multiple EINs that operated for benefits under one group, payroll may need to separate the entities for purposes of payroll reporting requirements. The payroll integration supports multiple subscriber groups, which allows for these multiple connections to be made under the one Employee Navigator umbrella. This release includes all of the requirements to support the employee assignment and management of employees in these groups, and the transmission through the API to payroll. Integrated payroll vendors will have their own roll-out for this feature. See our support article for more details on the management of these pieces.
- Payroll Deduction Report has been moved from the Reports tab to the Payroll tab. No change in functionality, but this is new placement. Those who are not yet doing payroll integration may need to be reminded of this change.
- Open Enrollment will now have link to view payroll codes to improve the visibility of payroll codes that are not configured for active plans. For companies with payroll groups, there will now be a link to view payroll codes. Payroll codes are copied when plans are renewed, but when new plans are added during open enrollment, the addition of the payroll codes is often missed.
- Added a link to 'Employee Enrollment Forms' from the reports tab for those using the new universal enrollment forms (Company home page > Reports, in the Benefits Reports section there will be a link to 'Employee Enrollment Forms').
Updates and Fixes
- Fixes to the COBRA dashboard stats. There's still one more piece left to address, but this is an improvement.
- Fixed the display of the GA users list for selected agencies. This was introduces in the last release when the users pages were updated.
- Fixed the display of the 'create ticket' button and 'telephone support' link was fixed to only show for users who have premier user access.
- Updates to the process that assigns an external ID during the add new employee process.
- Fixed the HR user mask SSN and mask salary that was not applied on the datasheet (introduced in the last release).
- Resolved an issue with saving a dependent when user had mask SSN access.
- Fixed the display of the plans that could not be ended on termination if there was bad data preventing the termination. We also added in logging so we can monitor the situation.
- Fixed the link to return back to 'Manage Employee' from the termination page.
- Changed warning text on terminate employee page when plan termination could not be processed due to incorrect plan termination rules.
- Updated the Carrier Billing Reports which affected the reporting of some enrollments that were not reporting when the coverage was effective on the start date run in the report, but only when the enrollment was created outside of enrollment (like life event).
- Veteran status options have been updated, and this field can now be made 'Employee Required' through Company > Benefits > Employee Profile Fields.
- Gender has been added to the beneficiary form.
- Updated the requirements for when W-4 task can be marked as employee complete to prevent an employee from signing an incomplete form and having it fall off his or her incomplete task list.
- Subscriber groups has now been added to the Company > Settings menu which will allow a company to subscribe to marketplace products and services while only including a segment of the company's employees in the exchange of the data.
- Add new employee will allow for the optional assignment of subscriber groups, if any are available within a company.
- Employee may be assigned to multiple subscriber groups, which allows for demographic data to be exchanged to multiple outside vendors, but deduction data will only be exchanged with one. One subscriber group can be marked as Primary, and this is the one that will receive the deduction data.
- Created a new bulk assigner tool (similar to the tool used in ACA to assign safe harbors or the tool to assign tasks) which allows employees to be assigned to one or more subscriber groups.
- Visibility and management of an employee's subscriber groups can be found under HRIS profile > Apps. Here an employee can be assigned individually into a subscriber group, unassigned from a subscriber group, or setup up any of the blocking for the API.
- Employee discrepancy audit, which is an implementation step in integrated payroll, now supports separate audits for each subscriber group. Employees in Employee Navigator will be assigned to the correct subscriber group before beginning the audit.
- API will now assign an employee to the appropriate subscriber groups when received through the API.
- Created a mechanism that allows for blocking of deductions only in API. Prior to this change, an employee would need to be blocked completely or not at all in the API. This change allows for the demographics to be synced between Employee Navigator and payroll, while not exchanging the deduction data. This may be helpful for partners or owners who do not have pre-tax benefit deductions.
- Created a new stat to add visibility into the inbound API activity that is occurring for an employee who has a disconnect subscriber group. From the Company > Employees tab, in the 'Partner Apps Activity' section, there is a new stat for 'Inbound Disconnected Employees', which links to a full report.
- Open Enrollment will now have link to view payroll codes to improve the visibility of payroll codes that are not configured for active plans.
- Last, but not least, the Payroll tab (Company > Payroll) now supports separating out the integrated payroll stats and transmission history by subscriber group. When subscriber groups are active under a payroll exchange, there will be a selector box in the upper right of the page to allow user to change the subscriber group and all data displayed.
Updates and Fixes
- Payroll Deduction Report has been moved from the Reports tab to the Payroll tab.
- Resolved an issue that had prevented unblocking an employee from the payroll dashboard.
- Fixed an issue affecting when data was updated during the payroll sync process.
- Fixed an issue affecting accepting rehires from Paylocity API.
- Improved the auto-map for BenefitMall demographic discrepancy audit, to reduce the amount of touches needed from the users
- Created new licensed products and supported file types available to be configured by EN on vendor account setup. These settings are driving the content and available setup options for vendor products.
- Created the option under Vendor > Products to have EN configure sandbox brokers to access marketplace plans and subscriptions to connect to exchange.
- Marketplace plans will be turned on tomorrow to allow vendors to begin configuring their plans which will be available in the marketplace.