The Demographic Changes Report is designed to return all tracked changes to employee profile information processed during the specified date range.
To display changes to a specific field on the Demographic Changes Report, the fields must be configured to “Track Changes” (from the company setup tab, Company Options, Fields sub-tab) before the change occurs.
To view or edit the tracking configuration on the HRIS Employee Profile fields, follow the path below:
Company Settings > COMPANY > HRIS Field Tracking > select the profile category from the drop down menu > View fields > select/deselect Track Changes > Save
Note: When updating a field to "Track Changes", changes will only be captured going forward. Changes that occurred which the Track changes setting on the field was disabled will not retroactively populate on the report.
Important: Only demographic fields that have had changes during the specific date range will show on the list of available fields to include on the report page.
When updating the date range (in Process step 2 below), the system will query the database again and update the available fields based on on changes that were made during the updated date range. This may result in the addition or removal of fields available to include on the report. This is by design to clearly identify the changes that occurred and simplify the process of selecting the fields to include on the report.
To run the Demographic Changes Report
- Company Reports tab > CHANGE HISTORY REPORTS > Demographic Changes
- Enter the From Date and To Date to define the date range to be queried
- You may notice that there is a short lag (1-2 seconds) after you have clicked out of the date fields and before the available fields are updated.
- Exclude New Values - check this option if you want to return only changes to employee profile fields.
- Note: When this option is not selected, the report will return new values on the report since the entry in the profile field changed from "no entry" to XXXX.
- Order By - select the option that indicates the sort order in which the records should be returned. This setting does not change the display order of the field columns in the report.
- Last Name, First Name, Change Date
- Change Date, Last Name, First Name
- Click Generate
Once the report has been generated, use the search tool to isolate the on screen display to only the line items which include the searched text.
Export the report in .cvs or .xls format or print the report using the on scren icons.
Important: When running the report again after updating any of the report configuration options, you will need to click the Generate button again to refresh the results.
Tip: Run this report in conjunction with the payroll deduction changes or enrollment changes to identify demographic changes that need to be reported to the carriers or payroll.