- This release wraps up a complete update to the voluntary life model enrollment code, which is responsible for all calculations and setting appropriate values associated with the voluntary life, voluntary AD&D, permanent life, and critical illness products. While most of this change is undetectable to the end user, it's important to note that it a has occurred in case there is anything off. A number of small issues were resolved during this process, enabling us to tighten up the integrity of the enrollment data even further. The biggest benefit to this change is that we are now ready to begin folding in many enhancements to these products that we have been receiving from our customers which will allow even more plans to be supported.
- Updated the Insurability page (Company home page > Review Insurability Requests) and folded in the approval process into the same base calculations which improves accuracy of cost updates when processing EOI.
- Small changes to the voluntary life model plan setup made to clarify some setup options and improve that experience. Most notable, a new 'Rate Settings' has been created where 3 rate options were moved from the 'Enrollment Settings' to the 'Cost' section. The 'Benefits' and 'Guaranteed Issue' pages were also updated to improve the display of the settings.
- Created a new Long Term Disability rate calculator (plan setup > costs > rates) that allows input of the carrier rate for covered benefit and converts it to a monthly cost of covered payroll, which is the required rate value needed for these benefits. This will simplify the setup process and reduce errors that had previously been occurring when carrier issues rate in terms of covered benefit.
- Increased the maximum size of files that can be uploaded to the document library from 30MB to 100MB.
- Updated the demographic changes report to allow dynamic updates the change fields available to search based on the date range selected on the page. Previously displayed values were defaulted to changes that occurred in the last 30 days. See our support article for more information on this report.
- Updated the Affordability Calculator for the 2017 Reporting Year to reflect 9.69%, up from 9.66 in 2016.
- Removed the termination reason 'No longer Eligible' from the select list of termination reasons. If employee is no longer eligible for benefits, the benefits should be dropped as a result of the life event. Termination is for ending employment.
- No longer saving leading or trailing spaces when saving plan name. If company participates in an exchange product, please see note below in the Vendor section on potential impact.
- Now removing the leading and trailing spaces when saving plan names. This is likely a result of copy/paste inserting spaces, and when data is exchanged with a third party there may be mapping done to match plan name. When leading and trailing spaces are included, this makes mapping more difficult because they are hard to find. In addition to removing them when plan name is saved, we have also removed all leading and trailing spaces in the plan name for existing plans. Important! If vendor is mapping to plan name, pay attention to these changes as they may have immediate impact.
- Added support for copy a marketplace plan with communication information.
- Fixed the file naming convention when including a date stamp in the BCBS of MA multi-tenant file generation.
- Improved the handling of large exchange files.
- Payroll deduction code settings (Payroll > Deduction Code Settings) will now list all plans, not only the plans that have payroll codes configured. The purpose of showing all plans will enable the selection of "Never transmit" for benefits that are intentionally not included in the payroll deduction API. Changes to transmitted payroll deductions all display on the Payroll tab, in the Transmissions section. Those without codes are displayed for users to identify issues if an expected deduction should be transmitted, but is not due to missing code. When intentionally excluding plans from the API, the transmission history gets noisy with expected failures, and with this new change, the noise can be eliminated.
- New option added for an agency who has their own internal payroll services to hide the option for their customers to connect to payroll providers in the Employee Navigator Marketplace. From agency home page > Settings > HR Service options, a new selection for "Hide Payroll Partner Selection" has been added. When selected, the Partner Selection option is no longer visible under the Company > Payroll tab.
- Updated the payroll deduction codes set up page to detect if a code has been added for a plan that has payroll deduction changes that should have gone to payroll, but did not because there was no code at the time of the change. Now, when the code is added, those deductions will get transmitted to payroll.
- Payroll API will now accept future salary dates!
- Added a fix to the discrepancy audit process affecting the ability to update the Employee Navigator hire date based on hire and rehire data received from vendor.
- Updates to the demographic discrepancy process for BenefitMall to automatically subscribe to the rehire date.
- Added a change when API is creating a new employee record for a terminated employee in payroll to ensure we are properly handling the record as terminated.
- Ignore termination dates received by Paylocity when date is prior to the hire date or rehire date.