Employee Navigator is excited to announce that as of Monday, 11/20/2017, we are expanding Enroller capabilities to Broker Users on Employee Navigator. What does that mean for you and your account administrators?
- Colonial Life agents should no longer be using HR enroller credentials created on a company-by-company basis to do enrollments.
- Broker users will not be able to bridge to Harmony for any Colonial Life plans after November 20th, unless the Colonial Life agent ID has been added to the user account within Employee Navigator.
- If you have multiple agency accounts rolling up to your license (i.e., you have a GA account), you will need to create enroller accounts within each of these agencies to access this functionality.
- If you have a Colonial Life agent ID, follow the below instructions to ensure a smooth transition.
How does this work?
Expansion of Enroller capabilities will allow users to capture and store Agent IDs on a Broker user account. The IDs will then be electronically exchanged with Harmony at the time of enrollment for Colonial third party products. This will remove the need for a Broker user to have a separate enroller login in order to enroll. It will also prevent agents from accidentally enrolling employees via self-enroll.
Note: It is important to remember that only agents with a valid Agent ID for the state of the enrollment will be permitted to complete enrollments in that state. To reduce time and hassle, Employee Navigator advises that users allow adequate time to ensure all designated Colonial Life Agent ID(s) are added on the appropriate administrator user account before starting enrollments. Users should expect to encounter the following message on the employee’s enrollment page if a bridge attempt is made by a Broker user who does not have a valid Agent ID entered at time of enrollment:
"A valid Enroller ID is required to proceed with enrollments. User's Enroller ID is either missing or invalid. Please contact Colonial Life Support for assistance. 1-800-438-6423 (Option 2, 5)".
To add Agent ID(s), follow these steps:
- Navigate to the “Users” tab on your Agency login home page
- Find the User for whom you would like to add Colonial Life ID(s)
- Click “edit”
- Navigate to “Commission IDs” under the manage account drop down on the left nav
- Click “Add Commission ID +”
- Select “Colonial Life” as the Carrier
- Select “Colonial Life Marketplace as the “Benefit”
- Add the ID in “ID”
- Select the state(s) in which the ID is valid: This is an optional field that should reflect a specific state if ids are state specific. Our recommendation is to have at least one id in place that applies to all states to ensure bridging is supported for valid states.
Follow above steps to add additional IDs for additional states as required.
Navigate to Commission IDs under the user's manage account drop down on the left navigation. Click Add Commission ID + > Select Colonial Life as the Carrier > Select Colonial Life Marketplace as the Benefit > Add the Colonial Life agent number in ID.
What to expect at time of enrollment?
Users with a valid Enroller ID stored in Employee Navigator will have access to view and submit applications directly within the Harmony app. Upon selection of a Colonial Third Party app product in an employee’s enrollment flow, users will be prompted to first select the enrollment method for Colonial Life Plans. An enrollment method must be selected on a per employee, per enrollment session to proceed with enrollment. Logging out of Employee Navigator will break the enrollment session and re-trigger the enrollment method screen to appear for employee's on their Colonial Life Plan enrollment page.
Supported Enrollment Types include
1. Enroll In Person: Face to Face agent assisted enrollment,
2. Enroll Via Call Center
3. View Only: Select this option if the Enroller does not have a valid Agent ID for the state of enrollment, be it in person or call center enrollment. Once selected, the enroller will have the option to view existing Colonial Life enrollment records and may proceed with enrollments without enroller access.
Please note that this will persist for the entire employee’s enrollment flow; to change back to enroller functionality, log out and log back in.
View of employee's Colonial Life enrollment page given user has an agent id entered in EN.
View of employee's Colonial Life enrollment page given user has no agent id entered in EN.
Established standard enroller logins will continue to function normally. For any questions or help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.