The first step to complete when you add a new company is to customize the Company Profile : Settings >> Company >> Profile.
When you create a company from scratch, you are prompted to enter the Company Name, Select a recommended Company Identifier, Select State, SIC and set-up user access. Once you complete this quick screen, the shell of the new company will be created. Our best practice recommendation is to start at the "Settings" tab and step through each of the company level configuration pieces before moving on to plan configuration.
COMPANY >> PROFILE
- Options are Active or Terminated, select as appropriate
- If your client terminates activity on the platform, you should come here to mark them as terminated to eliminate them from broker level reporting.
- Template companies are used as a repository for plans that your agency sells frequently. An agent can create templates which include the plan's general information that will be standard across any group, such as plan type, plan documents, communication details, plan service values, etc. The user will then be able to copy the plans down into their companies.
- By selecting the Template Company value here, you are activating the template company functionality, thereby allowing you to copy plans down.
- To learn more about template companies, read this in-depth article.
- This feature will defer the Urgent Action Required and Recent Activity items on the company home page until requested. This is a feature recommended for larger companies with many transactions that do not need to run these queries every time the home page or employees tab are accessed.
- Turning on this feature will improve the speed in which these pages are loaded.
- This is the name of the company. You may modify this as needed at any time.
- The Company Identifier is a unique ID you create when adding a company to the system for the first time. It's unique across all companies in our platform (not just companies under your agency). It's used during the employee registration process as a way to tie the employee to the correct company. We suggest keeping the identifier simple and as close to the company's name as possible in order to make it easier for employees to remember.
- When employees register for the first time, they will need to enter the following data: Last name, First name, Last four digits of SSN, the Company ID and their DOB.
- To learn more about Company Identifiers, see related article
- Drop-down with state values to be used if the situs state does NOT match the state entered in the Company Address field above.
- Alternative situs states can also be set at the plan level and will override the company level situs state value set here.
- The order of values for situs is as follows:
- plan level situs state - if blank, go to >>
- company level situs state if blank, go to >>
- company state on Settings tab>Company>Profile
- Consuming a marketplace plan will now filter by situs state of company (Company Situs, or Company Address if no company situs). If consumer is taking a marketplace plan for a different situs than company, the situs will be set on the plan when copied.
- For specific details on CA Arbitration language and situs state, see this article.
Tax ID Number:
- Your clients federal employer tax ID number (EIN)
- This is not a required value on this page
- This value controls what functionality the client has presented to them on the platform
- Drop down with the following options:
- Enterprise Enrollment - legacy EN service where we offered direct implementation & support to a client. *This value is pending removal
- Professional Enrollment - option to allow admin, HR and/or employees full functionality to manage Employee Navigator and make elections
- Professional Enrollment Direct - option that gives full functionality that EN uses for HR Users who want to remain on Employee Navigator but their broker does not. *EN will only allow this option to happen if they receive written permission from the broker and a new license is executed.
- Communications - this option limits users to view benefit summary, contributions, and associated benefit summaries and individual employees are not loaded into the system. This configuration option is used when a client is looking for more of a document libryar and is not expecting to use the system for enrollment or employee tracking. For more details on Communication Only companies, see related article.