Update! As of 12.20.2017 the Org chart can now be enabled for Employee view.
The Organizational Chart displays the internal reporting structure of your company. This tool allows HR Users and employees to understand the relationships of the company's staff members and quickly view employee contact information.
A visual hierarchy of employees can be viewed for each top-level employee or Company Head, which is defined as an employee that has direct reports but no manager. Multiple charts will occur when there is more than one Company Head. Select any employee in the displayed hierarchy to view their profile.
Accessing the Organizational Chart
HR Users will have access to view the Org chart for all employees.
From the Company Employees page > in the "Find an Employee" section, select Organizational Chart
When enabled through the company settings, employees will have access to view the Org chart to which they belong on their Resources tab.
From the employee's Homepage > Resources > Org Chart
Employees will have view only access to the Org Chart to which they belong. They will not see the option to select a different chart if there are multiple company heads.
Note: By default, the company settings will not display the Org chart to employees. To enable the Org Chart for employee view.
From the Company Settings tab > EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE > General Settings > Options affecting employee display > select Show Organizational Chart on Resources tab
Viewing an Organizational Chart
When viewing an Org chart, users can expand and collapse each reporting level by clicking the icons next to each manager. Select collapse all or expand all to apply to the entire tree.
Use the Search tool to search for an employee in the Org chart that is currently displayed. Search is supported within the displayed chart only. Employees reporting under a different company head and unassigned employees will not be included in the search results.
Note: Demo employees and Terminated employees will not display in Org Charts.
Employee Contact Profile
When an employee is selected within the Org Chart, a Profile box will display for the employee. The Profile will display any of the following fields which have been populated on the employee profile:
- Job Title
- Phone (displays phone number type "Work/Office Number")
- Email (displays email type "Primary Email")
HR Only Features
Selecting an Organizational Chart
When accessing the company Organizational Chart, HR Users will have visibility into Org Charts for all Company Heads (see the definition of a Company Head in the Overview above).
Note: If multiple Company Heads exist, a drop down menu will be presented and allow the user to select the Company Head they wish to view. If only one company head exists, this menu will not display.
Managing Unassigned Employees
Employees who are not currently assigned to a manager, including Company Heads, if multiple exist, are listed in the Unassigned Employees list at the bottom of the page.
To establish the reporting relationship and add unassigned employees to the Organizational Chart, select the employee(s) and assign them to the appropriate manager. All manager assignments will be reflected on the employee profile.
Note: HR Users who do not have Access Control permissions to "Update Employee Profile" will not see the option to assign employees to a manager.
Why can't I see all employees?
- Employees who report into themselves, or employees whose line of reporting returns to themselves, are not displayed on the org chart. These are considered "Recursive Relationships". Remove these recursive reporting relationships via the employee profile to show them on the org chart.
- Terminated employees, and employees reporting to terminated employees, are not displayed. Remove manager assignments to terminated employees in the employee profile to show them in the Unassigned Employees list. Assign the employee to an active manager to show them in the Org Chart.
- Demo employees, and employees reporting to demo employees are not displayed. Remove manager assignments to demo employees in the employee profile to show them in the Unassigned Employees list. Assign the employee to an active manager to show them in the Org Chart.
Why does an employee see the message "You do not currently belong to an org chart. Contact your HR representative to review your reporting structure", when they access the Org Chart on their Resources page?
- The employee reports to themselves or an employee who's line of reporting returns to themselves (i.e. a recursive relationship)
- The employee reports to a terminated employee
- The employee reports to a demo employee.