Employee Navigator's Self Service 834 EDI product is a tool that allows the user to configure and transmit ANSI 834 4010 or 5010 carrier files for medical, dental, vision, rx & some telemedicine benefits. Please note that the 834 EDI engine generates full replacement files only; change only files are unsupported.
PLEASE NOTE: The below instructions only need to be followed to request a new carrier template to be set-up.
TO REQUEST A NEW CARRIER CONFIGURATION:
Licensee to submit a complete packet in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which includes the following items:
1. The Subject Line of your email should be: New 834 Carrier Configuration - [insert Carrier Name]
2. Completed EDI New Carrier Set-up form, one form per carrier - form is below
3. Carrier Companion Guide*
4. Carrier Technical Contact*
5. FTP details (transmission information)*
6. Any additional carrier-required forms that may need to be completed (ex - Trading Partner Agreement, etc)
*Items 3-6 must be obtained from your carrier contact
Employee Navigator will reject any packet that does not have all of the required pieces of information. A new carrier configuration is $750 fee is billed to the licensee upon receipt of the complete request.
- General Guidelines:
- Employee Navigator will not start carrier set-up until the set-up form, companion guide, carrier contact and transmission information are received.
- Employee Navigator cannot guarantee a go live date and the time varies based on the time of year and carrier requirements.
- Employers/Brokers should not change their current process of notifying the carrier of adds, terms and changes until all phases of EDI implementation have been completed.
- Employee Navigator updates our software and support articles regularly and therefore require users to subscribe to the Self Service 834 EDI forums.
- 834 EDI New Carrier Set-up Fees are billed immediately upon receipt of the order to the licensee.
- 834 EDI user must be a designated a premier system user.
- Employee Navigator only offers one 1:1 training at no additional charge. During the training, we will walk you through one file implementation process. If you require an additional training session, there are additional fees associated with this, starting at $350 per hour. *No EDI 1:1 sessions are scheduled in the months of November and December.
- Self Service Clients:
- For a new carrier file configuration, EN will generally complete the configuration in approximately 5-10 business days.
- Please note that during Q4, the new carrier configuration timeline increases to approximately 10-14 business days.
- If you are requesting a new carrier AND need to complete new user 1:1 training, please indicate in the support ticket. You will be required to also attach the Group/Account Structure to the ticket. This document is provided to you by your carrier contact. *No EDI 1:1 sessions are scheduled in the months of November and December.
In order to access the 834 EDI Engine, you must have at minimum the Enhanced Plus License level. If you need to upgrade your License, please contact Support and request the most recent Licensing Agreement at email@example.com
last updated 8/22/2018