Employee Navigator's Self Service EDI product is a tool that allows the user to configure and transmit ANSI 834 4010 or 5010 carrier files for medical, dental & vision plans. Please note that the EDI engine generates full files only; change only files are unsupported.
PLEASE NOTE: The below instructions only need to be followed to request a new carrier template to be set-up.
TO REQUEST A NEW CARRIER CONFIGURATION:
Licensee to submit a complete packet in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which includes the following items:
1. The Subject Line of your email should be: SS EDI : New Carrier Config - [insert Carrier Name]
2. Completed EDI New Carrier Set-up form, one form per carrier - form is below
3. Carrier Companion Guide*
4. Carrier Technical Contact*
5. FTP details (transmission information)*
6. Any additional carrier-required forms that may need to be completed (ex - Trading Partner Agreement, etc)
*Items 3-6 must be obtained from your carrier contact
Employee Navigator will reject any packet that does not have all of the required pieces of information.
- General Guidelines:
- Employee Navigator will not start carrier set-up until the set-up form, companion guide, carrier contact and transmission information are received.
- Employee Navigator cannot guarantee a go live date and the time varies based on the time of year and carrier requirements.
- Employers/Brokers should not change their current process of notifying the carrier of adds, terms and changes until all phases of EDI implementation have been completed.
- Employee Navigator updates our software and support articles regularly and therefore require users to subscribe to the Self Service EDI forums.
- EDI New Carrier Set-up Fees are billed immediately upon receipt of the order to the licensee.
- EDI user must be a designated a premier system user.
- Employee Navigator only offers one 1:1 training at no additional charge. During the training, we will walk you through one file implementation process. If you require an additional training session, there are additional fees associated with this, starting at $250 per hour. *No EDI 1:1 sessions are scheduled in the months of November and December.
- Self Service Clients:
- For a new carrier file configuration, EN will generally complete the carrier set-up in approximately 5-10 business days.
- Please note that during Q4, new carrier configuration timeline increases to approximately 10-14 business days.
- If you are requesting a new carrier AND need to complete new user 1:1 training, please indicate in the support ticket. You will be required to also attach the Group/Account Structure to the ticket. This document is provided to you by your carrier contact. *No EDI 1:1 sessions are scheduled in the months of November and December.
- Existing users who have completed training, you can pull down your own carrier configuration and carrier specific documentation is located on the support site.
In order to access the Self Service EDI Engine, you must have at minimum the Enhanced Plus License level. If you need to upgrade your License, please contact Support and request the most recent Licensing Agreement at email@example.com
last updated 1/24/2017