VBA - Vision Benefits of America
Carrier processed on one platform. They do not read the header or footer. We read the basic eligibility information, including: employee name, address, dob SSN and effective date. For each dependent we read name, dob and effective date. .
2300 loop, Subgroup goes in REF1L
Details specific to the naming convention and platforms used by the carrier
- List each carrier platform that will need to be configured by naming correct naming convention
- Carrier Does Not Accept/Read the following Loops
- 1000C, 1100C, 2100B-G, 2200, 2310, 2320
- Carrier Does Not Accept/Read the following Segments
- 2000: REF [any EXCEPT INS, and 0F
- 2000: DTP none
- 2100A: ICM, AMT, HLH, LUI
- 2300: IDC
- 2300: DTP any EXCEPT 348 and 349
- 2300: AMT
- 2300: REF any EXCEPT HD, 1L
Carrier File Spec Details:
[Details specific to setting up the carrier should be listed below]
- 2100A - exclude marital status and citizenship
Company Configuration Details:
- 2300 - - group number if REF1L
- Open Enrollment file should include open enrollments only. Carrier will terminate those who are omitted from the file and provide a report with the terminate members after the file has been processed.
- VBA does not accept eligibility maintenance files after the Open Enrollment file is processed; as a result, they request to receive all open enrollment files the week of December 21st so they are able to continue to process current plan year files through the prior week.
- When sending the open enrollment file, VBA expect to see OE in the file naming convention.
- Terrminated records are set at the carrier level to drop from the feed at the latter of 14 days past the employee's termination date or the ended on date.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org when the open enrollment file has been sent.