MetLife 834 Dental and Vision Only, Format 5010
ANSI Version “005010X220A1 Errata” – updated 03/08/13
Company Level Configuration Details:
- ISA06: Customer Name - not longer than 15 bytes
- ISA08: METLIFE0+7 digit customer #
- GS02: Client Name - not longer than 15 bytes
- GS06 : Group Control # created by sender (number populated here must also be populated in GE02 of footer)
- BGN02: Sender Organization Name
- REF38: Master Policy Number
- N102 = Client Name
- N104 = Client Tax ID
- HD03: Program via Plans tab from Insurance Line Code Drop Down, DEN for Dental and VIS for Vision
REF_1L = this is a combination of 3 value, no spaces between each value
MetLife Group Number (bytes 1-7) +
MetLife Subdivision +
MetLife Branch Code(bytes 12-15)
- GE02 = GS06 (Must match value input in GS06 in the header)
- PGP encryption key was provided and is saved at the carrier level. We also recommend using a SFTP protocol for transmission.
- Terminated records are set to drop from this carrier’s file feeds the latter of 14 days after the termination date or the date processed
- Open Enrollment - see attached Metlife Open Enrollment FAQ document
- Metlife is able to receive open enrollments only. When sending open enrollments only, Metlife will terminate by omission any members that are not reflective on the file.
- Metlife will send a reports package within 2 business days of when the open enrollment file is successfully processed.
- Once the open enrollment file has been processed Metlife will no longer accept updates via file from the prior plan year. Any updates that need to be made will need to be sent to your dedicated Account Manager or to firstname.lastname@example.org.