- Assurant and SunLife Financial are now under one umbrella. For EDI 834 feeds they have provided the following clarification.
- If the client is on the Assurant Employee Benefits platform (AEB) they can support existing and new full file EDI 834 carrier feeds for Dental and/or Vision.
- If the client is on the SunLife platform they will not accept EDI 834 full files. They only accept change file on that platform for new and existing customers.
AEB Configuration - Dental & Vision Only
Client Level Configuration
- ISA06= Sender TAX ID (Client Level)
- GS02=Senders name (Client Level)
- GS06= Value created by sender (Can use tax id, set at client level same value must be populated in GE02 in footer set at client level)
- REF02=Master policy # (Client Level)
- Does not use DTP Segment, Exclude at client level
- N102=Client name (Set at client level)
- N104=Client tax ID (Set at client level)
- N102= TPA or Broker Name (Client level)
- N104= Broker or TPA Tax ID # (Client level)
- REF REF DX= Bill Group (if this field needs to be populated the value will be provided in structure )
- REF 3H= Case number ( if this field needs to be populated value will be provided in structure)
- REFZZ= (if this field needs to be populated Will be provided in group structure)
- GE02= Should be same as ISA06 (Set at client level)
- Open enrollment file should include ended and open enrollments.
- Open enrollment files do NOT have an alternate naming convention. File name should remain the same.
- Email should be sent to TechSpecilistefeeds@assurant.com when Open Enrollment file is sent so an EDI team member can retrieve and schedule the file.