Capital BlueCross 5010
Client Level Configuration
- ISA06/ISA08: Uses group’s Tax ID
- GS02: Uses group’s Tax ID
- GS06: Group Control Number must be 1-9 characters long and same value must also be populated in the GE02 in the footer. Cannot start with zero.
- REF Segment (Transaction Set Policy Number) in the header is not used currently by this carrier and can be deselected at the Client level
- N102: Group Name
- N104: Group Tax ID #
- N102: Carrier Name
- N104: Carrier Tax ID # (provided by carrier)
Loop 1000C-Optional for this carrier
Loop 1100C-Not currently used by this carrier
- REF_1L(Member Policy Number)- Situational for this carrier. Carrier will inform you if this segment is required for your file
- REF_DX- (Department Agency Number)- Used by carrier but group structure will provide what values to enter
- REF_17( Member Identification Number)- Required by carrier
- REF1L- (Member Policy Number) -Optional. Carrier will advise if this should be included in file
- HD04-Required by this carrier and will report the carrier assigned value
- GE02: Group Control Number must be 1-9 characters long and match GS06 value in the Header. Cannot start with zero.
Additional Items to note:
- Carrier partners with Benefit Focus for their 834 feeds.
- Carrier may require scenario testing, but advise your technical contact that Employee Navigator has completed scenario testing and it is the same engine; they may allow you to skip the scenario testing piece.