BCBS of Michigan
This document addresses the 834 5010 Standard and National Accounts requirements for BC BS of Michigan.
Please note: This carrier uses their companion guide for multiple products. The supported file types for this carrier in Employee Navigator is 834 5010 Full Files only. The carrier will provide additional information for your specific client template as they have many options and situational segments in the 834 carrier feed.
Last updated 7/11/2016
Client Level Configurations
- ISA06/ISA08: Uses group’s Tax ID
- GS02: Uses group’s Tax ID
- GS06: Group Control Number must be 1-9 characters long and same value must also be populated in the GE02 in the footer. Cannot start with zero.
- N102: Group Name
- N104: Group Tax ID #
- N102: Carrier Name-BCBS of Michigan will provide the required text they expect here.
- · N104: Carrier Tax ID # (provided by carrier)
Loops 1000C/1100C-Optional for this carrier-They will advise if it needs to be included for your setup
- REF_1L(Member Policy Number)- Input group/policy number for employees and dependents given by carrier and if different, the group structure or carrier will have the details
- REF_DX- (Department Agency Number)- Used by carrier but group structure will provide what values to enter
- REF_17( Member Identification Number)- Used by carrier but group structure will provide what values to enter
- These loops are optional. The carrier will indicate which optional loop they may require for your setup
- REF1L- (Member Policy Number) -Optional. Carrier will advise if this should be included in file
- HD04-(Plan Coverage Description)-Carrier requires a plan id value. The values are provided from the carrier with the group structure
- GE02: Group Control Number must be 1-9 characters long and match GS06 value in the Header. Cannot start with zero.
- Carrier template is set to stop sending terminated records 14 days after the termination date has passed
- No PGP Key is saved on the carrier template.
- If you intend to transmit via FTP with PGP, you must request the PGP from your carrier contact and supply to EN to add.