BCBS of Massachusetts
HIPAA 834 5010 Platform
Last updated 7/11/2016
Client Level Configurations
*This carrier is currently approved to transmit a full 834 file with a single company on each file feed. If your setup requires multiple companies on the same feed please email our support team*
- ISA06/GS02: Interchange Sender ID-Use sender's identification, usually the TAX ID
- GS06: Group Control Number Assigned by Sender must match GE02 in footer (required to be 1-9 digits)
- REF*38 (Master Policy Number) is required. Carrier will provide their expected values
- N102: Plan Sponsor Name
- N104: Plan Sponsor Tax ID
Loop 1000C- (Optional dependent on group structure)
- N102: TPA or Broker Name
- N104: TPA or Broker Tax ID
- This is optional. Carrier client level structure will indicate if this is needed
- REF segments are situational for this loop. The carrier will notify you if any of the REF segments are required for your setup.
- REF*1L-This segment is required for this carrier in this loop to transmit the group number. The carrier will provide the group number they expect to see
- These loops are supported by the carrier but are optional. They will inform you which to include if needed for your specific client.
- GE02: Group Control Number Assigned by Sender must be the same as GS06
- Carrier template is set to stop sending terminated records 14 days after the termination date has passed
- No PGP Key is saved on the carrier template.
- If you intend to transmit via FTP with PGP, you must request the PGP from your carrier contact and supply to EN to add.
- The carrier provided a testing document so please verify with your EDI Implementation contact if Scenario Testing is required.