Brighter Dental (Brighter, Inc.)
HIPAA 834 5010 Platform - Spec v2.0 (7/30/2015)
Client Level Configurations
- ISA06/GS02: Uses client’s Tax ID
- GS06: Group Control Number assigned by sender must match GE02 in footer. Cannot start with zero.
- REF*02: Master Policy Number: This segment is optional. The carrier will inform you if this is required for your individual setup
- N102: Group Name
- N104: Group Tax ID #
Loops1000C/1100C-These loops are optional. The carrier will communicate if they require this loop for your client setup.
- The below REF segments are required. The carrier will inform which optional REF segments to include
- REF*1L (Member Policy Number): Carrier will provide specific values they expect to see
- REF*DX (Department/Agency Number): Carrier uses this field to report Employee ID number. Carrier will provide specific values they expect to see
- These loops are situational. The carrier does not use some of the segments and will identify which ti include if any.
- All REF segments in this loop are optional. If a specific segment is re3quired the carrier will notify you.
- GE02: Group Control Number must be 1-9 characters long and match GS06 value in the Header. Cannot start with zero.