HIPAA 834 File, 5010 Platform
No Compranion Guide is attached because the carrier supplies a company specific companion guide for each client/implementation.
Client Level Configurations
- ISA06/GS02: Uses client’s Tax ID
- GS03: Application Receiver’s code: Client specific value assigned by the carrier
- GS06: Group Control Number assigned by sender must match GE02 in footer. Cannot start with zero.
- REF*02:Master Policy Number-carrier assigned value
- N102: Group Name
- N104: Group Tax ID #
Loops1000C- Carrier requires this loop if the sender (you) is not the actual client
Loop 1100C-This loop is optional. The carrier will communicate if they require this loop for your client setup.
- Most REF segments are situational for this loop and this carrier. The carrier will inform which REF segments to include
- REF*1L(Group or Policy number) - Required and carrier will provide expected value
- These loops are situational. The carrier does not use some of the segments and will identify which to include if any.
- The required DTP dates for this loop are below:
- All REF segments in this loop are optional. The carrier will indicate if they require one of the REF segments in the file feed
- GE02: Group Control Number must be 1-9 characters long and match GS06 value in the Header. Cannot start with zero.
- Terminations are set to drop from the file feed 14 days after the termination date has passed
- This carrier uses PGP encryption. Both FTP and SFTP protocols are supported by Employee Navigator when PGP encryption is used.
- There are no Open Enrollment requirements listed in the companion guide. Please obtain their requirements for that process directly from your carrier contact