Please note that this article and attached presentation are only meant as a jumping off point for the Carrier Feed Renewal Process. If you have specific questions related to your feed, please direct them to email@example.com so they can be routed to an EDI Analyst for response.
Below is a short checklist of items to initiate the carrier feed renewal process:
- Schedule a call with your carrier contact to discuss the file renewal process
- Identify any Carrier & Plan Changes
- Request updated file structure for new plan year from carrier
- For existing plans, renew plans in Employee Navigator and set-up OE site*
- If there are any carrier changes at renewal, obtain the appropriate information for a new file set-up from the carrier, review it and start a new file configuration process. As a reminder, because it is 4th quarter, we highly recommend that you identify a back-up method for transmitting OE enrollments, such as a spreadsheet, that can be generated from the reporting tool.
*Important Items to Note:
- Plan rules may need to be updated in the export engine if they are mapped to the plan ID.
- If classes, departments, divisions, etc are added or deleted and are a mapped value, they must also be updated on the “Loops” or “Plans” tab. Your renewal file structure will indicate these types of changes.
- If the carrier requires a different name or location (folder or FTP site) for the OE file to be sent, then file settings/naming convention must be updated on the “Transmissions” tab. This will be communicated to you by the carrier.
- Identify how you will send the OE elections and apply correct logic to Closeout process (refer to slide 8 of the ppt). If you need clarification on this step, contact firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE closing out.