The “Linked Marketplace” plan is used to direct an employee to an outside webpage, such as http://www.healthcare.gov, another state healthcare exchange, a quoting engine, or any other external webpage. We left the configuration options pretty open, so our users could really think outside the box here!
As an employee goes through enrollment, the Linked Marketplace plans can present the unique message to your employees specific to the type of action you are seeking by using the Plan Details communications option. The employee will be presented a message instructing them to "Open Marketplace" where they will be redirected to the specified web page. The following navigation options are available:
- New Tab: Opens a new tab within the browser. Employees will need to close that tab and come back to their existing tab to finish their enrollment.
- Popup Window: Opens the specified web page into a popup window. Good for keeping the employee on track with the enrollment since they cannot navigate off the specified web page. This can trigger popup blockers.
- Overlay: Opens a web page inside of the enrollment page. The page must use HTTPS and certain pages can be blocked from loading when setting up like this.
When the employee is done with the specified web page and returns to the enrollment page, the Save button will be activated and the employee can indicate if he enrolled in the plan or is interest in being contacted. An employee who indicates he enrolled or is interested in the plan will receive an enrollment record for the plan, and any benefit report (excluding column based reports) can be used to report on this plan.
To configure a Linked Marketplace Plan, follow the steps below:
- Benefits > Add a Plan > Build a Customized Plan > Other > Linked
- Select a Carrier or use 'Unspecified Carrier'
- Add a Plan Name > Save
- POLICY INFO
- Add Policy Info and Communications
- ELIGIBILITY AND ENROLLMENT
- Set Eligibility Rules and Options
- Enrollment Options
- Display Type (refer to the Navigation Options above)
- Capture at Enrollment
- Enrollment (Yes/No) - used if employee will indicate whether or not they enrolled in the benefit presented in the Marketplace URL
- Contact (Yes/No) - used if the employee will indicate whether or not they would like to be contacted in reference to the benefit presented in the Marketplace URL
- URL - enter the URL to which employees will be directed when selecting "Open Marketplace"
- Activate the Plan for Enrollment