This article will cover Communications tab found on each plan, the Company Benefit Overview as well as the Category Overview.
Plan Communications tab (under a specific plan)
All plans have a communication tab which can be customized by HR and/or brokers. The different types of “content” which can be added are:
• Plan Description: A paragraph description on the plan
• Primary Contact Number: displays at the top of the plan summary
• Plan Documents: Upload Plan Brochure , Rx Formulary, Plan FAQ’s
• Plan Links: Link to outside web sites or resources
• Custom text: multiple sets of custom text can be added
• Contact: Free form field to add various contact names, phone numbers, addresses, etc.
• Services: Add copays, deductibles, Rx information and more
TIP: Agency Scalability: manage your agency’s Plan Services template (from agency Template tab) to ensure plan comparisons will look the same.
- Decide the standard format
o Ex: PCP vs. Primary Care Physician
- Remember that if you don’t fill it out on the client level, they won’t know it is there so you don’t need to fill it all out for each client
Plan Communications, Default Text & Category Overview (under company's Benefits tab)
This refers to the Plan Communications link located under the company's Benefits Tab. There are three sub tabs listed here: Plan Communications, Default Text and Category Overview.
This allows you to select a specific plan and edit the plan's communication. This is exactly like editing the plan communication at the plan level, it just offers a place to edit communication for all plans in one place.
Company Benefits Overview: This is viewed on the ee homepage under Benefits > Overview and is the text that's displayed on-screen at the top of the page. This is also used when a company is setup as Communications, where the company is only communicating the benefits to ees instead of enrolling them in any plans. The text would appear at the top of the page when an employee goes to their Benefits tab. If you do not customize, we will show our default text.
Plan Summary: The Plan Summary will show when an employee looks at the details of a specific plan during the enrollment flow, or under their Benefits tab. We have a default message, but you can either change it on a specific plan, or make the change on the company level so any plan you add will have the same custom text.
By design, for benefits where multiple plans could be offered and available to choose from, the plan's specific communication text under Plan Description will not display on-screen during enrollment. The reason for this is that a company could offer more than one plan option, so the system wouldn't know which plan communication text to display. That said, a specific plan's communication will be reflected when clicking on the details of that plan during enrollment - not on-screen.
To add your Benefit Category Overview:
- Go to Benefits
- Go to Plan Communications
- Go to Category Overview
- Choose the plan category and add your details
Note: A category overview can be set up for both New Hire enrollments as well as Open Season enrollments in case the messaging needs to be different for each election process.