Our new and improved COBRA Dashboard will bring visibility to view Employees who are candidates for COBRA, enrolled, or have ended their COBRA coverage. We want our users to have an easier access to their COBRA participants, therefore our Dashboard is a great tool to not only monitor this information but also manage COBRA participant's enrollments as well!
In the COBRA dashboard, we have provided the ability to see the overall usage of COBRA eligible participants.
Employees on COBRA
- This section will provide a total count of all Primary Qualified Beneficiaries (PQB’s) with an active COBRA record
In COBRA election period
- This section provides a total count of the PQB’s reflecting as Candidates.
- The count is measured as within 75 days of QE event
Election Period expired
- This section provides a total count of PQB’s who’s election window has expired within the last 75 days
Managing COBRA Elections
The Manage COBRA function is used to manage COBRA for a participant. There are 2 distinct ways to access the Manage COBRA Tool:
- From your company’s Home page> Under STATUS on the right-hand side of the page> click on EMPLOYEES ON COBRA… or
- Upon terminating an employee from their Profile or the Termination Tool> go to the Employee Management Page> click on Manage COBRA link found under the ACTIONS tab.
Once you are in the Manage COBRA tool, you will be able to enroll, extend or end COBRA coverage for a member and any dependents (if applicable) by clicking on the “In COBRA election period” section to find the PQB you wish to enroll. This will direct you to the PQB enrollment screen. From the drop-down menu, you can manage the available actions for the member.
ELECT: Allows you to enroll the individual into the plan and will then require you to post a paid through date.
EXTEND: Allows for the enrollee to have a paid through date extended
END: Allows for the coverage to be ended and you will be required to post an effective end date which should be the last date the COBRA coverage is active. There is an END ALL checkbox that can be selected if selected this will end the coverage for all enrolled dependents under the plan with the same enrollment end date.
Paid Through Date: This date can be the date that the PQB is currently paid up through OR the date which the PQB is eligible through (usually the last day COBRA is eligible)
Coverage Ended: Last day of active COBRA coverage
**Please Note: COBRA enrollments via the Manage COBRA tool do NOT currently report out on the Broker or Carrier data exchange files.
**If the group is using EDI Feeds along with the Data Exchange, we highly recommend to Exclude COBRA participants on the EDI file.