Automatic reminder emails can be configured for new hire and open enrollment windows that are closing soon. Employees who are in their new hire enrollment window who have not selected Agree on their enrollment summary will be a candidate for the automated enrollment reminder emails when their enrollment window is coming to a close.
When an enrollment window is open, the employee sees a message on their homepage indicating how many days they have left to enroll before the window closes. This is the same method to determine when the reminder emails will be generated.
If an employee’s eligibility dates differ for multiple plans, the reminder emails will be generated based on the earliest eligibility date. For example, an employee is eligible for medical, dental and vision on 8/1 and group life and disability on 9/1. The reminder email will be sent out according to the 8/1 date. Once the 8/1 enrollment period has passed, the email reminder will go out again based on the 9/1 enrollment expiration.
- Reminder only supported for an employee's initial New Hire enrollment window.
- This means that when an employee’s initial new hire enrollment is completed and the window is closed, and then a new window for enrollment is opened for additional plans later, the automated emails will not be sent.
- Does not apply to Newly Eligible windows for employees at this time.
- If an employee is missing HRIS required data from their profile that is preventing them from enrolling in benefits, an automatic reminder email will not be sent to that employee.
How to Turn on Automated Enrollment Emails
- Go to the company's Benefits tab > Enrollment
- Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Send email before new hire ends to setup for NHs. Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Send email before open enrollment ends to setup for OE.
Options are: Never, 2 days, 5 days, 7 days, 10 days, 14 days. Emails will be sent every day until the employee either completes the enrollment (hits Agree on the Enrollment Summary) or the window ends. This means emails set to send at 5 days will send an email at 5 days, 4 days, 3 days, etc.
How to Customize the Email Templates
Go to the company's Settings tab > Email Templates. Select New Hire Enrollment Is Ending Soon to customize the NH reminder email. Select Open Enrollment Window Is Ending Soon to customize the OE email.
Note: You can still manually send OE reminder emails via the OE Notifications tab.