What are my options?
There are 4 options to add a company to your brokerage: Add a company, add from library, add from existing, or broker company import.
Add a Company
Add a company to your agency from scratch. If want to add a company from a blank canvas, this is the option for you. This company will have all of Employee Navigator's default settings which would need to be updated manually.
*Agency default settings will be in place of Employee Navigator defaults if configured on the brokerage level.
Add from Library
Library companies are built in your agency's Settings tab. A library company allows you to configure company level settings in a template company so that you do not have to manually update these settings each time you build a new company. You will be presented a drop down to select a company from your library. Plans, enrollment settings, communication settings, and wall feeds are all items that can be configured and copied over to a new company.
To learn more about building a library, please see the article for Company Library.
Add from Existing
If you have an existing company in the system that you would like to mirror a new group off of, you can add from existing. You will be presented a drop down of your existing groups in Employee Navigator to select. This allows you to copy the settings from an existing company in your brokerage. Settings we are referring to are enrollment settings, default communications, and general settings.
You will also have the option to Create as Library. This will allow you to add an existing company to your company library.
*Please note that company specific data will not be copied over (Employees, plans, documents, feeds, etc.)
Brokers Company Imports
If you have a large book of business that you would like to add in bulk, you have the option to import company shells. Only basic demographic information will be imported at this time. This will add the companies in from scratch. All settings would need to be configured manually.
To import your companies into the Employee Navigator System, use the Broker Company Import Tool on your Agency Home Page and follow the steps below:
- From the Broker Company Import page, you are able to download a company template (also attached to this article), to populate with your Company Data, or to start an import using your own Excel Spreadsheet. (It is suggested that you use the template provided to minimize any field mapping discrepancies, but it is not required.)
- Prepare your spreadsheet with the company data you wish to import. (Tips: Hover over the red hash marks in the column headers of the Company Import Template for additional information on each field; Company Name is required; Company Identifier is optional, however if not defined, the system will assign a Company Identifier upon import)
- Start a New Import. (The system will now walk you through steps 4-7 in the import process).
- Upload your Company Data file, Save.
- Confirm that your Fields are Mapped correctly using the Mapping Tool, Save.
- Audit your data values using the Audit Tool, Save.
- Commit to your import, Save.
Name: The name of the company.
Unique Identifier: This is what's going to link the employee to the correct company in the system. Employee's will be prompted to enter a Company Identifier when registering their account. We will automatically generate a company identifier, but this is customizable and can be changed at any time.
State: A state must be selected based on the company's location. This is used to determine things such as onboarding forms and ACA geographical rates.
SIC Code: This is for Employee Navigator's internal tracking purposes only and serves no functionality in the system. You can search by keyword or by code.
*If the code you are looking for is not in the system, you can select 9999-Nonclassifiable Establishments.