Voluntary Life Report (Ad Hoc Reports on top left of Reports tab)
Create a custom voluntary life report with each employee on their own row, with any voluntary life specific enrollment data included in an array off to the right. This report allows access to voluntary life specific data, such as requested versus approved costs/benefits, original benefit, signature date and more.
All fields that support filtering prior to rendering results will have the standard icon next to the field name. Look to the right under options to filter those available fields before selecting View.
Employee and Employer monthly and per pay costs can be pulled using this report.
If you think you will use the report again, save it. It will display on your reports page. You can even share it with other users.
Use the "What to exclude" option to limit your results. For example, exclude all 3 options if you only want to report on active coverage.
Tip: We recommend selecting "Decline Reason" and "End Date" if you are not excluding declined or ended enrollments. An enrollment may appear as active if you only look at the coverage start date and ignore the coverage end date or decline reason.
Type of Enrollment allows reporting on either the current or the open enrollment elections. This can be left as Default if you want to see both open and current (if there is an active OE session, use default to see both new hire and open enrollment elections).
Limit enrollments based on dates will allow only those enrollments that were created or updated between the dates entered to be reported. If blank, all enrollments will be returned.
Tip: Add these dates for a custom change report.
- EE Per Pay Cost = Employee only per pay deduction
- Original Employee Benefit Amount = Pre-reduced requested benefit amount.
- Original Spouse Benefit Amount = Pre-reduced requested benefit amount.
- Employee Basis Amount = GI/Approved pre-reduced employee benefit amount. Employee age reductions will be based on this field.
- Spouse Basis Amount = GI/Approved pre-reduced spouse benefit amount. Spouse reductions will be based on this field.
- Employee Pending Benefit Amount = (Renamed from Requested Benefit) Employee benefit amount pending insurability. This field is only populated when an insurability request is pending. For employees in an age reduction this amount will be the reduced requested benefit amount.
- Spouse Pending Benefit Amount = (Renamed from Requested Benefit) Spouse benefit amount pending insurability. This field is only populated when an insurability request is pending. For employees in an age reduction this amount will be the reduced requested benefit amount.
- Employee Pending Cost = (Renamed from Requested Cost) Cost for Employee Pending Benefit.
- Spouse Pending Cost = (Renamed from Requested Cost) Cost for Spouse Pending Benefit.
- Employee Approved Benefit Amount = Approved reduced employee benefit amount.
- Spouse Approved Benefit Amount = Approved reduced spouse benefit amount.
Can dependent's name, DOB, SSN and other demographics be included on this report?
No, only the employee's name, SSN, and DOB will appear on the report. Dependent cost and benefit amounts will appear as "spouse" and/or "child".
Is the "EE Per Pay Cost" field the total cost for the employee + dependents?
The EE Per Pay Cost only shows the Employee's amount. It does not include spouse or dependents. To get the other costs to show up, you need to select Spouse Approved Cost and Children Cost and then add them all together. The Spouse and Child cost is monthly cost, so you will then need to divide those costs by the number of pays.
Alternatively, a Payroll Deduction report will show the total EE cost, including dependents. Just make sure that in the Options section you check the box next to Sum dependent costs.