In the Map (Step #3) and Audit (Step #4) steps of the Import Engine, you will be presented with options which will allow you to ensure that your data is being imported into the correct fields and mapping to the correct options available in the system.
In this step you will Map your column data to the correct system fields. The Column headers on your spreadsheet will appear in the first row, and a drop down menu will appear under each field in the second row. Use the drop down menu to map your fields appropriately. If you have used the system templates available to you, all fields should auto-map. If you used your own spreadsheet, you will want to check these even more closely. Be sure to scroll all the way across the screen to check each field and make sure that your column headers are mapped to the correct field in the system.
Important! To skip columns during import, select skip from the drop-down. Importing blank cells will wipe out existing system data, so skip blank columns to prevent this. It can't be undone!
Issue: I don’t have the an option in the drop down menu to select the field I need.
- This may not be an importable field. All importable fields will be available for mapping.
- If this is the case for Classes or Payroll groups, check to make sure the Class and/or Payroll group is Active. Employees can only be imported into Active Classes or Payroll Groups.
- Has the correct import type been selects? If enrollments are being imported, make sure the correct Enrollment Type was selected on Step 2 > Options.
Issue: I accidentally added data to the wrong column on my spreadsheet and I am unable to select the correct field from the drop-down menu.
- Only fields that are not already mapped will appear in your drown down menu. If data has been added to the wrong column on your spreadsheet and you need to switch the mapping, you will need to set one of the fields to “skip” to open up that field and allow it to be assigned to a different column. Then go back to that column and map appropriately.
Issue: I'm trying to import VL / AD&D enrollments and the template doesn't include dependent data, but the system is telling me that dependent relationship & SSN are required.
- Are dependents included in the file = Yes on step 2 Options. When importing VL / AD&D enrollments, do not check Yes to include dependents, as dependent records aren't actually included on the template (only dependent benefit amounts are).
In this step you will Audit any data from your import spreadsheet that does not match what the options in the system and map it correctly using the drop-downs. If all of your data matches the options in the system, no action is required on this page.