CAUTION: IMPORTING DATA CANNOT BE REVERSED. WE HAVE MADE IT VERY EASY TO IMPORT DATA, WHICH MEANS IT IS VERY EASY TO CORRUPT YOUR DATA.
The basic import allows users to import employee, dependent and employee benefit enrollment. While this article only covers importing employees and dependents, the same tool may be used to import employee benefit enrollment. Users should exercise caution when using these tools because of the potential damage they can inflict on your company data.
Things you should know before you get started
- If employees already have been loaded, Importing blank cells will overwrite existing data in the system. Make sure this is really what you want to do!
- When you are importing employees and dependents, the employee must have "Employee" noted in the “Relationship” column on the spreadsheet for the system to recognize this individual as an employee. The dependent should have “Child” or “Spouse” in the “Relationship” column.
- If you are setting up a new company, we recommend you setting up your “Classes” (departments, divisions, etc.) first so you can be sure to include the necessary “class” and payroll information on the census.
- When importing new employees, the following fields are required: SS#, First Name, Last Name, Date of Hire, Date of Birth, Gender
- When UPDATING employees, only the SS# is required