Import Templates for each type of import can be downloaded from Employee Navigator. These templates provide you with the information such are required fields, cell formatting, and standard Excel file configuration for imports that can be processed in the EN system.
To review and download import templates:
Go to HOME > Quick Links > Import Employees & Enrollment > Download templates > select the appropriate template.
Note! If you do not see the Import Employees and Enrollment under Quick Links, click on the customize button and make sure the checkbox is checked off.
NOTE: Additional fields should not be added to import templates.
- Census import templates have been created to include all importable demographic fields. If a field is not included on the import template, it is not importable.\
- Importable Census Fields are: Employee SSN, Dependent SSN, Relationship, Last Name, First Name, Middle Name, Suffix, Date of Birth, Hire Date, Gender, Hire Date, Class, Department, Division, Business Unit, Office, Email, Payroll Group, Annual Base Salary, Hourly Rate, Hours Per Week, Salary Effective Date, Annual Benefit Salary, Annual Benefit Salary Effective Date, ACA Classification, Prior Year W2 Earnings, Statutory Class, Address 1, Address 2, City, State, Zip Code, County, Country, Phone Number, Payroll Work State, Benefit Work State, Employee ID, Payroll ID, Time Clock ID, Job Title, Is Full Time, Is Exempt, Is Collectively Bargained, Leased Employee, Seasonal Employee, Cost Center, Works Outside US, Marital Status, Tobacco User, On Wellness, Full-Time College Student, Student Start Date, Student End Date, Disabled, Disabled Start Date, Disabled End Date, Retire Date, Original Hire Date, Affiliate Hire Date, Termination Date, Termination Reason, Demographic Change Effective Date
- Enrollment import templates include all required and importable fields for importing enrollments into the specific benefit.
- Some benefit enrollment imports do allow for the import of demographic information. Importing demographic data in an enrollment import is not recommended for beginning users as it may prevent the enrollments from importing as expected. Field requirements vary based on type of enrollment. For this reason, demographic fields are not included on enrollment templates.
- Advanced users who chose to import demographics on enrollment imports should be diligent in reviewing their import file to ensure they are not importing blank fields and overwriting existing data.
Review the article Importing Plan Enrollments - Plan Template/Type Cheat Sheet for additional information regarding which template to use when importing different types of enrollments.