What is the enrollment editor tool?
The enrollment editor can be used to modify plan start / end dates, drop plans that can't be dropped under the life events tool and to override benefit / cost amounts on voluntary life and disability plans. Changes made via the enrollment editor will display under the Notes section of the ee's Employee Management tab. Events are also created and stored on the ee's Events tab.
This tool can also be used to change / drop dependent enrollments. Just search for the ee and choose the dependent from the Then select employee or dependent drop-down. This is particularly useful when dependents need to be dropped from basic / voluntary life plans.
Both Current and Open enrollments can be modified using this tool. Toggle between the two (during an active OE season) via the Enrollments drop-down (visible once dropped on an ee's record within the enrollment editor).
- override enrollment effective start / end dates
- drop enrollments when life events tool can't be used
- override voluntary life / disability benefit amounts and costs
Change Enrollment Start Date
Click on the hamburger menu under the Editing Tools column and select Change. Enter the new Coverage Started override date and add an Event Note for making the change (required).
Change (Ended) Enrollment Dates / Reason
Click on the hamburger menu under the Editing Tools column and select Change. Enter the new Coverage Started and/or Coverage Ended override date(s). You can also change the End Reason and Ended On Date, then add an Event Note for making the change (required).
Change Benefit Amounts
Click on the hamburger menu under the Editing Tools column and select Change. Under Benefit Override, check the box next to Override? to open up the Benefit Amount and Override Date fields. Input the override information and add an Event Note for making the change (required under both Coverage Dates and Benefit Override sections when processing a benefit override).
Click on the hamburger menu under the Editing Tools column and select Change. Under Cost Override, check the box next to Override? to open up the Employee Cost and Override Date fields. Input the override information and add an Event Note for making the change (required under both Coverage Dates and Benefit Override sections when processing a benefit override).
Click on the hamburger menu under the Editing Tools column and select Drop. Enter the Coverage End date and select the drop Reason from the drop-down.
Remove Conflicting Enrollments
Conflicting enrollments occur when more than one enrollment for a particular benefits gets entered into the system. While this is rare, it does happen. We display the below error message on-screen in the enrollment flow:
Two or more enrollment records were found. Use the enrollment editor to archive conflicting enrollments.
The enrollment editor is used to determine the correct enrollment and remove the other ones. Conflicting enrollments are flagged as conflict in red under this tool. Most conflicts are duplicates of the same enrollment, but some may have differences in the plan, cost or coverage level. Click on the hamburger menu to Show Details on the conflicting enrollments and determine which should be kept and removed. Then click Remove, input the reason for removing (we suggest including the word conflict) and hit Save.
Removed enrollments can be viewed under the ee's Employee Management tab > Employee Data Sheet > Enrollments. Check the box next to removed to display removed enrollments. These aren't pulled into reports and don't display anywhere else on the ee's record.
Things to Remember
- you must enter a note when making changes / dropping coverage - we suggest who requested the change or the reason for the change
- changing an ee's effective dates will change dates for all enrolled dependents - so make the ee change before changing dependent records if different
- benefit amounts/costs can't be changed for VL/VXTD enrollments while still pending approval of EOI - must be approved first
- HSA/HRA enrollments aren't supported(even though they display on-screen) - so overriding effective dates and contribution amounts won't actually update the ee's record.
- Benefit and cost overrides may not carry over each year during OE.
- Active enrollment (save of page in OE enrollment flow): Replace grandfathered amounts according to plan design and requires a re-do of the overrides once OE is closed out.
- Passive enroll: Grandfathered benefits will roll over for the new year, but cost overrides may still require a re-do of the override once OE is closed out, as the OE closeout process checks ee costs against plan design and adjust accordingly.
- Cost overrides will only update the Employee Cost amounts on employee records. Plan Costs will not update. Because the Carrier Billing Reports pull Plan Cost values, users are advised to audit those reports and manually process any adjustments that may be needed.
I'm getting the following warning message when modifying dates: Warning! This request exceeds the acceptable time frame permitted to process electronic changes by your plan. It is your responsibility to request this exception be processed by your plan.
Don't worry! You can still modify the date, the system is just reminding you that the change you're about to process exceeds the normal 30 day window permitted by most carriers. Just remember that you're responsible for requesting this exception with the carrier. Go ahead and hit Save, it'll work.