Assign Coverage Tool
1. Access the link to Assign Coverage under Benefits> Enrollment Tools.
2. Select the plan from the list and then click Assign Coverage
3. Find the section titled "Plans that can be Assigned Coverage without Dependents in the System" select the plan and click "Assign". From the list of eligible employees who are not enrolled, select the employee to Assign Coverage. Verify the effective date of coverage. Choose whether or not ALL dependents are in the system. If YES, select the dependents you want enrolled and then SAVE
4. If you choose NO, select the level of coverage and SAVE
Note: This tool doesn't support ACA rated plans.
Unlocking Enrollments: Enrollments Missing Dependents
Employees who have been assigned coverage for dependents without any dependent data will be "Locked" from making certain enrollment changes until the existing coverage is verified. Locked employees will be listed on the Employees Tab, under recent activity as enrollments missing dependents. No action is required until the employee has a life event and needs HR to unlock!
Employees can unlock themselves by completing one of the following actions:
-Employee completed open enrollment
-Employee requests employee coverage change
Employees need HR to unlock:
-Employee requests coverage change for a dependent which triggers HR to verify existing coverage and unlock
Employee View When Enrollment is Locked:
The employee will go to the Adjust Coverage tab and choose Life Event Reason
HR Process to Unlock an Employee:
You will see an Urgent Action message regarding the life event needing to be unlocked
1. Click on the employee name and you will be taken to the Enrollment pages for the employee
2. Choose the plan that needs to be unlocked and then a message will appear below
3. Once the election is verified, the employee MUST go back to the Adjust tab and complete the enrollment process for the Life Event to be finished
Last Updated 7/19/2017