Adding a demo employee allows users to do a test run of the site prior to going live with a client. Demo employees don't show up on reports and aren't included on any carrier files, so you don't have to worry about deleting them once you're done. We advise all users to add a demo employee and run through the enrollment process to ensure everything is setup correctly and looks as you expect before launching.
How to Add a Demo Employee
Go to the company's Employees tab > Add Demo Employee and follow the on-screen instructions. Note: The system automatically assigns a false SSN to and DOH (current date) to demo employee records.
How do I see the site from the employee view?
You've got two options.
- Under the demo employee's Employee Management tab, click on the link for Employee Home Page under Reviews (bottom right of page). This option doesn't require you to register and login as the demo ee, but keep in mind that you won't be able to complete onboarding tasks via the Employee Home Page link.
- Add your email to the demo ee's record and send yourself the welcome email (ee's Profile tab> Login Access) to register and login as the demo ee. This option allows you to complete onboarding tasks.
Things to remember:
- Demo employees don't show up on reports - including the Benefit Confirmation & Total Compensation Statements. The exception is the I-9, W-4 and State Withholding reports. Demo employees display on these reports to allow you to test the functionality of the onboarding task reporting.
- You will not be able to complete onboarding/custom tasks when viewing the site via the Employee Home Page link - you must register and login as the demo employee to complete tasks
- You can test out welcome emails, password resets, broadcast news emails, etc. by adding your email to the demo employee's record. Demo employees are not, however, eble to receive Open Enrollment Notification emails.
- Change the demo ee's DOH to an earlier date if you're testing out OE (to activate the OE not NH window)
- Setup a demo ee for each class if benefits/costs diff according to ee class