What should you be asking yourself prior to setting up a group?
Plan Setup –
- Can I setup all of my plans? Are there any that are not supported by Employee Navigator?
- What is my strategy for the plans that aren’t supported? Will I be communicating basic data to employees?
- What plans do I need to set up if I am doing open enrollment? Do I need to get them all in now or am I only doing only those involved in the open enrollment process?
- Am I setting up current plans as well as the open enrollment plans?
Obtaining census data -
- Do I have an accurate and complete employee roster of all eligible employees?
- Do I have the dependent demographic data?
Loading enrollments –
- If I am loading enrollments, I need to get dependent data.
- If I am loading enrollments, can I get copies of all the bills/rosters from ALL my carriers?
Testing my configuration –
I set everything up, but I should allow time to create a user and login to make sure I set everything up correctly and do not need to make plan configuration changes or verify the rate information. Who will be responsible for the testing? Is it the broker, HR or possibly both? Does everyone know how to create a Demo Only Employee from the Employees tab?
When testing, we recommend adding a demo employee to test all scenarios for different classes, coverage levels, and age bands to see if your configuration appears as you expected.
Attached are two setup checklist documents that you are welcome to provide to your groups to relay the information that you need to get things started. One is more basic and one includes much more detail depending upon your needs.