Where: From the employee home page, in the "What's Missing" section
Details: Beneficiary now supports designations based on benefit rather than plan. In the past, any employee assigned a beneficiary to a plan, such as the 2012 Group Life. At renewal, the employee would need to complete a new beneficiary for the 2013 Group Life plan. We changed that so an employee now makes a beneficiary designation for the Group Life benefit. Other changes to beneficiary include:
- Added support for entity, such as a trust
- Added support for retirement plans
- Create a "Claim Summary Report" with print capability
- Added Country and Address 3 fields, and removed the validation on zip code to facilitate more flexibility in foreign addresses
- Updated all beneficiary reports, such as Beneficiary, Incomplete Supplemental, and Missing beneficiary to point to new tables
- Corrected the "Missing Beneficiary" report which was not reporting AD&D plans, or checking that plan had "require beneficiary" set
- Carried forward all existing beneficiaries, including those who had an active beneficiary in the prior year.
Topic: Non-Employee HR User
Where: Company setup tab, new link called "HR Users"
Details: New feature allows HR users to be created without being an employee of a company. HR Users can be added individually or imported on the broker company import (new feature 1/16/13). With this feature, a broker can import a group of companies and administrators and let the admin begin to use the system to set up plans, load documents, and import employees etc. Later, when the company is ready to upload their employee census, this HR user can be linked to the employee record.
Topic: HR Permissions to Setup Plans
Where: Company setup tab, new link called "HR Users", select the hyperlink for the user and then the Permissions tab
Details: In conjunction with the feature above, we added a new tab to HR users called Permissions with an option to "Allow Plan Setup" which enables the HR user to setup plans. This operates the same way the brokers users are given permission to setup plans. If HR user has this selected, they can setup and edit plans with the same functionality of the broker user. HR does not have the ability to grant this access. It can only be done by a broker or someone at Employee Navigator.
Topic: Reporting Failed Records on Broker Company Import
Details: After broker imports a company file, any failed records will be listed in the "Failed Records" column. We also widened the company zip code field so we support zip codes + 4 postal code or a foreign postal code.