- The Unum integration is with Unum's plane.biz enrollment platform.
- It typically takes 5-10 business days for the connection to be established. The Unum Implementation Specialist controls this timeline and you will receive an email once complete with all the pertinent "keys" required to complete the set-up in Employee Navigator.
- The Unum Sync is only partially supported at this time. The Unum Sync is defined as a 2-way data exchange that will keep EN and Unum in sync. For example, there is not an automated way to notify Unum of a termination or, conversely, an employee's record is not updated in Employee Navigator if a change is made directly at Unum. Because of this limitation, we recommend that licensee's use Unum's monthly billing file for payroll deduction purposes. Review our Unum Sync article for more information.
- Demographic Changes Sync File - EN only provides terminations on this report and this is approved and supported as of August 2015
- Existing Coverages Sync File - Unum provides a file to sync existing coverages. This is now supported as of October 2016. NOTE: The file provided by Unum is a static file and is unable to be changed by Unum for a specific case.
- New Hire enrollments as well as Open Enrollments can be managed through Employee Navigator and payroll deductions should be managed through Unum's monthly billing file.
- If a group has existing coverages new to EN and are looking to allow employees to make changes during their open enrollment, the licensee will need to request an Existing Coverages Sync file directly from Unum. Once the licensee receives the information, the enrollment file may be uploaded directly into the respective company on EN via the “Import Employees and Enrollments” tab available on the company home page.
- Use the “Third Party Enrollment” import options in order to upload enrollment records into third party app marketplace benefits.
- Third Party Plan Enrollments that may be imported:
- Group Import template
- Group Accident
- Group Critical Illness
- Group Hospital Indemnity
- Individual Enrollments
- Please note, if enrollers/employees attempt to process re-enrollment prior to uploading existing coverage on to EN, a declination enrollment action will appear on EN upon bridge back.
- With 3rd Party Apps, the carrier is the system of record. For the Unum Link connection, that means that all benefit effective dates, benefit amounts and deductions are calculated in plane.biz and then passed to EN to store on the employee record. If you have any questions or concerns about the benefit effective dates, please work with your Unum Implementation manager to troubleshoot and correct at the company configuration level in plane.
- Post-Enrollment Reporting is available on the Payroll Deduction Report. You must select the "Sum Dependent costs" in the options section of the field selector for the Payroll Deduction Report to calculate the total cost of the employee and their dependents policies.
- The plans are underwritten for face-to-face, call center or self-enrollment. Self-enroll must be requested and approved by the Unum Underwriting team in order to be activated. Face-to-face enrollment requires that the enrollers/benefit counselors be set-up in both systems. The plane.biz case administrator manages this process.
- Unum offers the option of a Signature pad vs. E-Signature - please notify your Unum Implementation Manager of your preference during case set-up. If no preference is noted, the case will default to E-Signature.
- If a group is offering Group STD and using the Unum Link via plane.biz for other integrated Unum enrollments, you will need to coordinate with your Unum Implementation Manager to get approval for a resident build in Employee Navigator and STD enrollments can be provide via the Reporting Tool.
- Unum Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer IE8 through IE11, Firefox 4.0 or better, Chrome 2.0 or better, Safari 4.0 or better
- Unum has a wide variety of dependent codes/categories, however the integration only supports enrollments for the Employee, Spouse and Dependent Children.
Can the Enrollment Editor be used to modify dates/costs with 3rd party enrollments?
No. The partner system is the system of record. Employee Navigator is simply displaying the enrollment data provided by the carrier. If an enrollment appears incorrect, changes should be made in the partner system and then brought into EN through the bridge/sync. Changes made in EN do not transmit to the partner system, therefore modifications made using the Enrollment Editor don't actually change the coverage as far as the carrier is concerned.
Any changes made to third party enrollments with the Enrollment Editor is at best a temporary change. An enrollment ended/changed in EN will be reinstated on the next bridge/sync unless the change is made in the partner system too.