Open Enrollment and our Data Exchange
The purpose of this document is to walk through Employee Navigator's best practices during Open Enrollment specifically when a company is connected to a Third Party Administrator in our Data Exchange Marketplace. There are important things to note when conducting an open enrollment closeout process with in your groups to ensure proper notices are being sent on the files.
When have implemented a Administrative period on the Company level which allows Brokers to set an Administrative Period. The Administrative period is the time frame between the Employees enrollment window closing date and the HR users window to make any last minute changes. Once the Administrative period ends, the Connected Partner will generate a file with all Current and Open enrollment elections on a single file. The most important thing to note about working with your connected partner during Open Enrollment is having an open communication about *when* the group is going through an active Open Enrollment so they know when to generate this file.
If you have questions about Open Enrollment in Employee Navigator in general, please see the following article as a reference: Open Enrollment Setup
To set-up OE, go to the Benefits Tab> Select Open Enrollment>Add an Open Enrollment> Select Active check box> Input the following dates:
- Effective Date (Should be the first day of the plan year)
- Enrollment Start Date and time
- Enrollment End Date and time
- Administrative Period End Date
- Once this is complete you will Select the plans to be included in the Open Enrollment by placing a checkmark in the box next to the plan, then hit Save.
After employees have gone through their open enrollment window and the Administrative Period has ended, contact your TPA to let them know it is time to pull the combined Current and Open enrollment file.
Please keep in mind, DO NOT completely close out the open enrollment prior to the plan effective start date! Employee Navigator strongly suggests to completely close the open enrollment ON the plan effective start date for a couple of reasons:
1. By closing the Open Enrollment season out to early, your connected partner will discontinue receiving the current plan enrollment information
2. All New Hires that are hired during this period will not be able to elect benefits until the plans start date
If you have any additional questions please email email@example.com