*Updated as of 8/11/2017
Manually configuring and transmitting data is a tiresome and confusing process. Let us take the load off of your back! With the Data Exchange, we want to eliminate this step so you can focus more of your time on serving your clients and growing your business.
Our Vendor Integration Partners will utilize the Data Exchange to pull all of their client's data directly from the Employee Navigator's platform. Our flexible XML format provides your vendor the means to quickly capture, transform and consume all of the data elements they require from you. This new functionality is entirely free for any broker who uses supported products\plans offered by our Vendor Integration Partners.
To learn more about the Data Exchange, please see the links below:
How do I get started?
Step 1: Browse our Marketplace to find a list of all of our integrated partners
Step 2: Contact the vendor to discuss and agree upon:
- Plan Rates and Plan Configuration
- Eligibility based on state and configuration
- Paperwork and Time required by the Vendor to set up a new Client in their system
- A Set Date for the Vendor to assume responsibility for pulling your data via the Data Exchange
Step 3: Build your plan in the system or if available, copy it down from the Marketplace library according to the agreed-upon requirements
- For COBRA setup, ensure for all COBRA eligible plans that the "Termination Date" setting is aligned with your COBRA vendor.
Step 4: To link the Company to the Data Exchange, you will need to select your Vendor Partner using the instructions below:
- From the Home Page for a Company, select the applicable type of Data Feed:
- Select the Vendor Integration Partner from the list of options:
- Both you and your new vendor partner will receive emails confirming the Data Exchange is connected
What kind of products do they offer?
Our Data Exchange currently supports numerous products including:
- Administrative Services
- Identity Protection Services
How do I exclude plans from being sent to my vendor?
Select to Exclude Benefit or Plan enrollments from being generated on the vendor files by following the steps below. Use this option if the vendor does not administer the plans being offered to employees.
**This is important for Cafeteria Files. The Cafeteria Exchange WILL send both Cafeteria plans as well as Consumer Directed Health Plans (HSA/HRA enrollment) and Transit/ Parking Reimbursement.
- From the Company Home Tab select the Exchange type
- Select Exclude Plans
- Select each plan/ benefit that you wish to exclude from being sent on the files
How do I end participation with a Vendor?
There are 2 ways in which a data feed connection can be ended:
1. By the Vendor: Notify your Vendor Integration Partner to let them know your Company needs to be deactivated. At this point, the TPA can move the Company to an Inactive status immediately. There is no way to enter in a "future" date to end the participation. Please Note: Once in an Inactive Status, it will be the Vendor's responsibility to Re-connect your company again.
2. By the Broker: For each company, select end participation for the vendor partner to ensure the connection to Data Exchange is severed by clicking on the connected exchange> End Participation. This will end participation immediately.
**Please note, if a Company has been Terminated under your agency please be sure to sever the Data Exchange connection prior to terminating the group**
How do I know if the vendor is getting my data?
Verify you have selected the correct vendor from within the list
Check the Status of your company. There are (4) status options that a Vendor can select:
1. New- The connection is in a New status. The Vendor will be reaching out for add'l information. No Data is being transmitted from the Company to the TPA during this time.
2. Pending- The Vendor may move your group to a pending status if they are still gathering additional information ( Plan Info, Billing, etc.) from the Company. Usually, the Vendor will also test data to ensure the company's information is coming across on the file accurately. The broker is still responsible for continued data transmissions while it is a pending status.
3. Active- All data is automatically being generated by the Company to the TPA
4. Inactive- Vendor is no longer managing the data for the Group. The Vendor should notify the Broker\Company before moving a company into Inactive status. Moving a company to Inactive status does not affect any service agreements made between the Vendor and Broker\Company
Contact the vendor directly and ask for an update
How long does it take for new enrollments, changes, or terminations to process?
We do not set requirements for how often Vendors must pick up data from the Data Exchange. Most vendors will set up their own Schedule of when they will receive the files. Please contact your vendor directly if you have further questions.
What should I do if I think my vendor has missed something?
If you believe that something has been missed or is incorrect, please contact your vendor directly to ensure resolution. Employee Navigator can only verify what is on our platform so the vendor must be contacted to ensure the data is accurate within their system as well.