The integration with AgencyBloc allows for data to be “pushed” FROM your Employee Navigator account INTO your AgencyBloc account, including general Company information, Policy information (policy number, carrier and renewal date) and Company Contacts. We recommend inputting customers and policies into Employee Navigator, which will then flow into AgencyBloc upon syncing, thereby streamlining data entry and record creation. It is not recommended to enter information into AgencyBloc first, as duplicate records may be created if the data mapping tool isn't used regularly. Review AgencyBloc: Modernize your commission tracking strategy for additional overview information.
To integrate with AgencyBloc, you need two items – API SID & Key. To get these, the AgencyBloc Account Owner from your organization must contact your AgencyBloc Client Success Specialist by emailing email@example.com. Make sure to protect your API SID & Key like you would a password.
Once you have the SID and API Key, enter them into the designated fields of the AgencyBloc page in Employee Navigator (Settings > AgencyBloc).
To prevent loss of data, please complete the steps below before synchronizing any data between the two systems.
1) Define Consistent Carrier Names and Benefit Categories/Coverage Types
Current AgencyBloc users should review your "Carrier Names" and "Coverage Types" in AgencyBloc before synchronizing data between the two systems. The Carrier names defined in Employee Navigator will overwrite the names used in AgencyBloc. We strongly recommend reviewing the list of carrier names in Employee Navigator and updating the list of values in AgencyBloc to match the carrier names used in Employee Navigator. Additionally, the Employee Navigator "Benefit Category" (for example, medical, dental, etc. which is assigned at the time a new plan is created) will overwrite the "Coverage Type" in AgencyBloc, so we strongly recommend updating this list of values in AgencyBloc to match the Benefit Categories available in Employee Navigator.
2) Confirm Plans to be synced to AgencyBloc have policy numbers entered and are marked as “active”. Tax ID is required to be entered in the company.
3) Map Existing Data Between Employee Navigator and AgencyBloc
Existing AgencyBloc Customer
If you are an existing AgencyBloc customer and have already entered company, policy and contact information into AgencyBloc, you need to map the data between the two systems to avoid creating duplicate records in AgencyBloc. This is a one-time setup and does NOT need to be repeated when new customers and policies are entered into Employee Navigator.
New AgencyBloc Customer
If you are a new AgencyBloc customer and have not entered any company or policy information into AgencyBloc, you may skip the mapping step and immediately begin syncing data from Employee Navigator to AgencyBloc.
To map data between the two systems:
- Go to Settings > AgencyBloc
- In the AgencyBloc Company and Policy Mapping section, select the red button Assign Company and Policies
- Note: if you are not seeing any options available in the drop-down when clicking on Assign Company and Policies, this can be caused by the SID and Secret Key being transposed into the wrong fields. Please double-check to make sure the information entered in these fields is correct.
- In the top drop down box for Map To AgencyBloc Company, select the name of the AgencyBloc company that matches the Employee Navigator company
- Once the company is mapped, the list of policies will appear. For each policy, select the correct matching AgencyBloc policy. The AB Policy drop down list displays the following information from AgencyBloc: Policy number + Carrier + Coverage Type. Leaving the field set to New will result in a new policy being created in AgencyBloc.
4) Confirm Consistency of Contact Information Between Employee Navigator and AgencyBloc
If you track contacts in both Employee Navigator and AgencyBloc, you should confirm they are consistent between the two systems before doing the initial sync. If a contact in AgencyBloc has the same first name, last name and email address in Employee Navigator, the system will identify those contacts as a match and send the data from Employee Navigator to AgencyBloc. The specific data elements passed to AgencyBloc are identified below. To prevent duplicates from being created, confirm the spelling of the first name, last name and email address in both systems before the initial sync. After the initial sync, contacts added in Employee Navigator will be added to AgencyBloc. A report of client contacts is available in Employee Navigator in the reports section (Agency > Reports > Client Contacts) to speed your audit of data.
Steps for performing the initial data synchronization and ongoing synchronization are the same. Once you have entered the AgencyBloc API SID and Secret Key, you will see a green Send button on your Employee Navigator home screen, in the AgencyBloc section (bottom right-hand corner). Clicking Send will send data from Employee Navigator to AgencyBloc for all mapped or new companies and policies. Selecting *click here for a more detailed view will display the details about which companies and policies are synchronized with AgencyBloc.
The data sent to AgencyBloc includes the following fields within Employee Navigator. Please note that the field names listed below are AgencyBloc names – if the Employee Navigator field name is different, we list it in parentheses. Select individual companies and then follow the navigation pathways to find Employee Navigator corresponding fields.
Group (EN: Company)
- Group Name (EN: SETTINGS > COMPANY > Profile > Company Name)
- Industry (EN: SETTINGS > COMPANY > Profile > SIC Code)
- Federal Tax ID (EN: SETTINGS > COMPANY > Profile > Tax ID)
- Business Phone and Fax Numbers (EN: SETTINGS > COMPANY > Profile > Company Main and Fax Number)
- Other Lead Source (EN: Benefits > Broker Administration > Basic Information > Client Source)
Policy (EN: Plan – note that all EN Plans with the same Policy # are combined into a single Policy when passed to AgencyBloc)
Select each plan from the BENEFITS tab.
- Coverage Type (EN: Basic > Policy Information > Category)
- Policy Status (Plan in EN is either Active or it has been deleted; plans not yet activated are not passed to AgencyBloc)
- Policy Number (BASIC > Policy Information > Policy #)
- Renewal Date (EN: BASIC > Policy Information > Plan End Date + 1 day)
Customer contact. (EN: Company Contacts)
- First Name and Last Name (EN: name)
- Only a Company that has at least one benefit plan setup and “active” in Employee Navigator will sync to AgencyBloc.
- More than one benefit plan in Employee Navigator may have the same policy number. Since AgencyBloc tracks policies and not individual plans, a single policy record is created and sent to AgencyBloc if there are multiple plans in Employee Navigator with the same policy number.
- A benefit plan in Employee Navigator MUST contain a policy number in order to be included in the sync.
- At this time, FSA plans will NOT transmit to AgencyBloc as part of the sync and will need to be manually added to AgencyBloc. Future enhancements will address this.
- The “Renewal date” passed to Agency Bloc is the Employee Navigator plan end date + 1 day.
- Only users with the privileges to Manage Users have access to setup and manage the AgencyBloc integration feature. All users will be able to view the AgencyBloc statistics and report on the agency home page.
- If a company or policy in Employee Navigator has been incorrectly linked to a company or policy in AgencyBloc, go to Settings > AgencyBloc and click on Edit Company and Policies and then select a different Agency Bloc Company or Policy.
- If a policy ends and is not being renewed, the policy status will need to be manually updated in AgencyBloc.