The ACA suite of tools can be a little overwhelming. You may be asking yourself, where do I begin? How does it work? What do I need to know before I introduce this to my clients? Do you have a demo I can use so I can show my clients what the ACA tools do? If these, are things you are asking, this article will help you.
Setting Up a Demo
We strongly encourage you to set up a sample company and begin to "play" with the ACA product before you begin using it on your clients. We have created a sample census file and sample hour files that you can easily import to get a wide variety of data to begin to apply the ACA fundamentals. Follow the below steps to get started.
- Add a brand new company so you can play around with it, and not worry about messing anything up.
- Create at least one medical plan. You don't need to pay too much attention to rates, and contributions, but the more realistic the information the more realistic the affordability calculators will be.
- The census file has enrollments dated between 7/1/14 and 1/1/15. Recommend to set medical plan that supports these dates to begin (either a plan start 7/1/14 to 1/1/15). You can renew the plan to create multiple plan years to begin working with the renewal and ongoing stability periods when ready.
- From Company home page, select Import Employees and Enrollment, and then Start a new import. The census has employee demographic and employee enrollment information.
- What are you importing? Enrollments
- Are there dependents in the file? No
- What type of enrollments? Basic
- The file has additional data elements that may not be setup in a sample company, such as payroll group and department. At minimum, map the class and skip the rest.
- Optionally, you can add additional company classifications on your sample group to play around with more complex company structures as you are ready for it.
- From the ACA tab, select Manage Hours, and Import Hours.