New Hire Stability Periods
New Hire dashboard is the primary place to see what responsibilities an administrator has for new hires who are in their measurement period. The Eligibility Forecast graph will show how many employees are coming into their admin period either Trending Eligible or Trending Ineligible for the next 4 months. This will give you an idea of how many employees will need to be reviewed to ensure their hours have all been logged and make the final determination on their eligibility status.
- Trending Eligible means based on the number of months hours have been imported, the employee has an average of 130+.
- Trending Ineligible means based on the number of months hours have been imported, the employees has less than 130 hours.
The HR Pending Action list will show employees whose measurement period has ended. The screen displays the Average Monthly Hours, and if the hours are 130 +, the employee will have been classified as Eligible (classification occurs at the time the hours exceed 130 per month average). If hours are under 130 per month average, the employee will be listed with an Ineligible status. It is advisable for an administrator to review the employees to confirm the hours have all been imported before finalizing the new hire measurement period.
The action option, located to the right of the eligibility status, provides the administrator 3 options.
- Import Hours: If it is determined any hours are missing, that may be causing the calculation to be incorrect. After hours are correct, one of the remaining two actions should be taken.
- Finalizing the Eligibility Status: This is pretty self explanatory, but I'll go ahead and just state it to be clear.
- Finalize Eligibility Status: If employee has 130+ average monthly hours, the Eligibility status will be Eligible. Finalize is merely a formality to ensure an administrator has notification of all employees who gain eligibility in the new hire process. Finalizing will remove the employee from the HR Pending list, and if the employee has not yet enrolled, the employee will then be displayed on the Pending Employee Enrollment list. See below for more information.
- Finalize Ineligible Status: If employee has < 130 average monthly hours, the Eligibility status will be Ineligible. Finalize ineligible status to confirm all hours have been accounted for and the employee is not eligible. This finalize option will remove the employee from all Trending Ineligible lists, as the employee is no longer trending, but Ineligible.
- It is important to note that even after an admin finalizes eligibility status, a change to hours, either by import or manually update, could affect the eligibility status that has already been finalized. If this occurs, the employee will appear again on the HR Pending Action list and an administrator will be required to Finalize again. The intent was to prevent a change to eligibility from occurring without notification to the employer.
- Override: Finalizes by overriding the calculated eligibility status.
- This may occur when loading initial data without importing past hours worked to clear an eligible employee who has already passed the measurement period as determined by ad administrator or another system. Without hours, the employee would be ineligible for the new hire measurement period, but employee has already been offered coverage and may have enrolled in the coverage. The override to Eligible will allow the proper classification of the eligibility dates.
- Any change to hours after an override is committed will NOT affect employee eligibility.
The Pending Employee Enrollment list displays all the eligible employees who have not either enrolled in medical coverage or declined coverage. From this list an admin may choose to either send the employee an email reminder regarding enrollment or go directly to the employee's HR manage page and make an enrollment decision on behalf of the employee
The In Measurement Period list displays all variable hour employees who are being measured. The employees are listed with a snapshot of their average monthly hours. No immediate action is required from this list, but it provides visibility into the employees who are being measured. From this list, an admin may want to add hours for the employee or review the eligibility date as it comes near. When the measurement period ends, the employee will move from this list to the HR Pending Action list.