Instructions for E-File Portal
After going through the Audit of your employee’s data, you are ready to get into Nelco’s portal to Print/Mail the forms to your employees, and e-File with the IRS. This is step 4 of the Audit and E-File process.
Terms and Conditions: Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions of Employee Navigator
User Set-Up: You will need to set-up the account information for Nelco. By filling in the appropriate information, you will be able to access Nelco’s portal from Employee Navigator. The following information needs to be provided for Nelco’s records:
- Company Name: The name of the company that that you are filing for. If you are filing for multiple companies, then choose one entity to identify with the Nelco account.
- Username: A unique username can to be used for each company. A username will be tied to the account, allowing you to use the same email for multiple usernames. If an username is not entered, then the email address will be used as the companies username.
- Company contact email address - An email address needs to be added so that the user can receive notifications. Most likely the HR user’s email address can be used to avoid any duplication errors. Multiple usernames can be associated to the same email address.
- Company contact first name, last name, and phone number
- Company Address
Transmit Data to E-File Provider: When you are ready to send the forms to Nelco, click this button. It will open up a new tab on your browser. That tab is Nelco’s portal and will bring you to "Your Filing Home" page.
Your Filing Home
Forms that have been transmitted from Employee Navigator, but not yet moved to the shopping cart will be visible in this section.
**If you resend forms when they are in the Forms and Progress Section, they will overwrite the information that was already there.**
This is ideal, because we want to make sure that all the information that is sent over to the Forms and Progress Section is up to date.
On this screen you will choose the type of filing that you want for a group.
- Bundles: Federal E-Filing, Recipient Mail, & Online Retrieval: This package includes the e-filing to the IRS, the printed and mailed form to the employee, and the ability for an employee to retrieve their form online. Bundling the services provides the EIN with a cheaper filing option.
- A La Carte Services
- Federal E-File: This is only e-filing of the forms with the IRS for the EINs employees.
- Recipient Mail & Online Retrieval: This is only printing and mailing the forms to the employee and allowing them to retrieve the forms online.
*Tip* Employee Navigator recommends using Nelco’s A La Carte Services. The forms can first be printed and mailed to the employees. Employees can then review their forms, and see if there are any discrepancies (ex. missing a dependent enrollment). If changes need to be made, they can be made in Employee Navigator. The changes can then be sent back to Nelco, and the forms can be Federal E-filed with the proper information. If you chose the A La Carte Services, don’t forget to go back and e-File!
The Forms and Progress Screen also shows the Recipients of the forms. Be sure to check that all of the expected employees are listed and that the proper forms (B series vs. C Series) are being shown. You have the ability to unselect a recipient if you do not want a service to be performed.
If this is your first time in Nelco, check marks will appear next to the recipient’s name with the selected services. If forms have been printed and mailed to employees already, you will have the ability to select for reprint. If the forms have already been filed, you will see a previously filed icon.
If you are planning on adding more forms to this company, do not leave the Forms in Progress Screen.
After the filing option is chosen, you have confirmed the form recipients, select next.
Federal 1094-C Forms
This screen will show if you are transmitting the B or C forms. You need to review the information on this employer form.
From this screen you have the ability to view/edit the 1094-C for the appropriate EINS by selecting Edit 1094-C.
Be sure to check that all the information on the 1094-C appears as expected. If you are filing as member of an ALE group, but did not have that information in Employee Navigator or had separate companies set-up in the system, be sure that “Is ALE member a member of an Aggregated ALE Group” is checked yes under ALE Member Information, and fill in the appropriate information under Other ALE Member of Aggregated ALE Group at the bottom of the page.
**If “Is ALE member a member of an Aggregated Group” is originally checked no, and changed to yes, be sure to also complete the proper fields in ALE Member Information-Monthly. Aggregated Group Indicator needs to be checked for the appropriate months.
If any information is missing from the 1094-C you will not be able to proceed to the next page.
Add/Edit Recipient Emails
This screen will only appear if there are less than 10 employees in the company. Adding emails for the employees will allow them to electronically retrieve their forms.
If a group opts to electrically retrieve their forms, the sender of the email will be firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forms that have moved into your shopping cart will be visible in this section.
**If you plan on correcting information after your forms are in the cart, you must “Remove Payer” and restart the transmission process starting in Employee Navigator. Removing the payer removes all of the forms that were sent to Nelco.**
On the submit forms page, you are able to Preview the Forms and view a Detail Report. Think of this like a shopping cart that you are going in to review.
Previewing the forms will download the forms in a PDF document with all the forms, including the 1094-C for the EIN. There will be a watermark on the forms. These are printable, so this is a great way to be sure that all the forms look correct before sending them to your employees and to the IRS.
The Detail Report, is an excel spreadsheet with all the information from the forms. Each column header reflects a section of the appropriate form.
Once the information is reviewed, select next.
Enter your payment information. For more information on pricing and payment, please see our Pricing and Payment for Nelco 1094/1095 filing article.
Review and Confirm
Review and confirm gives you the opportunity to review and confirm your cart information, your payment detail, and Nelco’s Electronic Filing Terms and Conditions and License Agreement. If something appears incorrect, you have the opportunity to edit your cart and make the necessary corrections.
You have successfully purchased your services! On this screen you will see the Name, the form type, and the services selected. The form type will say 1095, but the 1094 form is included.
Once you have reviewed the information on the screen, return to your filing home.
Forms that have already been e-filed and/or printed will be visible in this section.
- Check Status – Checking the status allows you to see if the forms have been sent to employees for online retrieval, if they have been printed for mailing, or if they have been sent/accepted by the IRS.
- View & Print Forms – Viewing and printing the forms allows you to print the forms that were sent to employees. These forms have a watermark.
- Email Recipients- This would send an email to the appropriate employees with instructions on how to obtain their forms online. The forms in the online retrieval will not have a watermark. An email must be entered for the employee for this service.
- Make Corrections- Once the e-file service is purchased in Nelco, corrections to forms can only be made in Nelco’s portal. You are able to make corrections for the Wrong 1095 Information, the Wrong Payer Information (meaning the wrong employer information), and Wrong 1094-C Information. If making a correction to a form, you will need to go through the payment process again.
Why does the previously filed icon appear under Federal Filing for my employees when they are in the Forms and Progress Section?
Previously filed means that these forms have already been sent to the IRS. Forms cannot be sent to the IRS twice. If a change needs to be made on a form that has already been filed, you will need to make a correction in Nelco.
How do I see a copy of my 1094-C after I have purchased the forms?
After the forms have been purchased, a copy of the 1094-C can be pulled from the Form Filing History in Nelco’s portal. To access this go from Employee Navigator>>>ACA>>>Manage E-File Account>>>Enter E-File Site. You will then go into Form File History>>>View and Print Forms. You will see a screen with the 1095s filed. Select next, and you will be able to download and print the PDF copy of the 1094-C.
I was redirected to a Nelco log-in screen. What is my username and password?
If you see this screen, it means that you have timed out from Nelco’s site. You will need to log back into Employee Navigator and go into your Nelco Account by going Home>>>ACA>>>Manage E-File Account.
I established a Nelco account for 2015 reporting. Am I able to use the username field for this year's reporting, and use the same email address for those accounts?
Yes, you are able to update the username field in an established account and then use the same email address for multiple groups. To do this, go into Home>>>ACA>>>Manage E-File Account. Add an unique username and press SAVE. Then, change the email address field to include the desired email and press SAVE.