Changing an Employee's Time Off Package
The Change Package process is used to end an employee's assignment in their current time off package and immediately begin their assignment in a new time off package.
Time off Package changes are effective on the date processed.
Examples of when an employee's time off package assignment may need to be changed would be:
- The employee is promoted to a new position and is now eligible for a new time off package.
- An employee has a reduction of hours and no longer accrues PTO but is able to spend down their remaining balance. In this example, a time off package with a non-accruing policy should be created. Assign the employee to the new package and add the employee's remaining hours to the non-accrual policy using the Adjust Balance tool.
- Note: To end the employee's Time Off without assigning the employee to a new time off package, use the End Time Off tool to process this change.
When an employee's package is changed, the following processes will take place in the system:
- The previous time off package assignment will be ended effective immediately.
- All future scheduled accruals will be removed from the employee timeline and will no longer be included in the policy balance totals.
- All upcoming scheduled time off requests will be canceled.
- The previous package will be marked as ended and will display in the package assignment drop down menu.
- Ending balances and canceled time off requests will be displayed when the ended package is selected.
- The employee will be assigned to the newly selected package effective immediately.
- Future accruals will populate for the new package on the employee timeline and will populate the policy totals/balances snapshot accordingly.
To change an employee's Time Off Package assignment, follow the steps below:
- PTO > MANAGE > Dashboard > search employee > Change Package
At this point the Change Time Off Package widget will appear. Please note the informational text displayed on the screen which details the Change Package process.
NOTE: Employee's policy balances from the previous package do not transfer to the new package. Any carryover of balances can be manually processed using the Adjust Balance tool on the employee's PTO page or the Import Adjusted Hours tool. Ending balances can be viewed by selecting the Ended Package from the package assignment drop down list.
All upcoming time off requests not yet taken will be canceled and will need to be resubmitted by an Admin user or the Employee. Users can re-enter time off requests for employees using the Record Time Off tool on the employee's PTO page. Canceled Time Off Requests submitted against the employee's previous package can be viewed by selecting the Ended Package from the package assignment drop down list.
2. Select the employee's new time off package from the drop down menu.
3. Click the Change Time Off Package button.
- Note: The population of new accruals runs as a background job on the system. There may be a short time frame (up to 5 minutes) in which the new accruals are being written and will not immediately display on the employee's PTO profile. You may need to refresh the page to see these changes.