Ending an Employee's Time Off Package
The End Time Off process is used to end an employee's assignment in their time off package. When this tool is used, the employee's time off is ended on the date processed.
Examples of when an employee's time off package assignment may be ended would be:
- An employee has a reduction of hours and no longer accrues PTO and will not be permitted to request paid time off, regardless of whether or not they had hours remaining on the policies in their ended package.
- An employee's time off package is ending and they are not being immediately assigned to a new package.
- Note: If the employee is being assigned to a new time off package effective immediately, use the Change Package tool to process this change.
When an employee's package is ended, the following processes will take place in the system:
- The time off package assignment will be ended effective immediately.
- All future scheduled accruals will be removed from the employee timeline and will no longer be included in the policy balance totals.
- All upcoming scheduled time off requests will be canceled.
- The package will be marked as ended and will display in the package assignment drop down menu.
- Ending balances and canceled time off requests will be displayed when the ended package is selected.
To end an employee's Time Off Package assignment, follow the steps below:
- PTO > MANAGE > Dashboard > search employee > End Time Off
At this point the End Time Off Package Assignment widget will appear. Please note the informational text displayed on the screen which details the End Time Off process.
NOTE: All upcoming time off requests not yet taken will be canceled. Canceled Time Off Requests can be viewed by selecting the Ended Package from the package assignment drop down list.
2. Click the End Time Off Package button.