The company level Wall was designed to help HR keep track of their employees by providing notifications on recent events, as well as offering tools to help manage any tasks that require action. Companies configure their own wall feeds based on the events they want to be notified of, and then event notification cards are written to the Wall tab when those events are triggered in the system.
Note! Only notifications for changes that occur outside of Open Enrollment (e.g. New Hire, Life Event, etc.) are written to the Wall. To capture OE changes, you will need to run OE reports.
Additionally, the Wall also stores a history of all employee and company notes created by HR users under the company. Broker created notes will also display here if the user elected to share the note with HR.
There are two separate tabs on the Wall – Events and Notes. When users navigate to the page, all events with incomplete checklist items are displayed by default, and event cards are sorted oldest to newest. This makes it easy for users to identify tasks that still need to be completed. Users can change their view by adjusting the filters and sort options on the left side of the page. To view notes, users can simply click the Note tab.
Feed: Defaulted to display events for all feeds. To view events for a specific feed, select that feed from the drop-down list. (Events only)
Note Type: Defaulted to display all note types. To view specific note types, select that note type from the drop-down list. (Notes only)
To see additional filter/sort options, click Show More. Use the Apply button to apply filter/sort changes. To reset the page view back to default, click Clear. Note! Feed and Note Type drop-down selections will not be defaulted back to All when cleared. This must be done manually.
Checklists: Incomplete will display all events/notes with incomplete checklist items. Once all checklist items have been completed for an event, the card will drop from the Incomplete list. To view cards with completed items, select Complete. To view cards with no checklist items, select None. To view all cards, regardless of checklist statuses, select All.
Search for an Employee: Allows you to search for a specific employee on the wall.
Following: When checked, only notes the user is following will be displayed. (Notes only)
Sort By: Reorder cards to display newest first (on top) or oldest first.
Date: Filter results to only show events that occurred or notes that were created between a specified timeframe by inputting dates in the From and To fields.
Number of Results: Limit the number of events/notes to display on screen by only showing the most recent X number of cards. The maximum number allowed is 250. Note! To view more events/notes on the Wall, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Show More under the last visible card. Regardless of dates and total number of events/notes, cards will never drop off the Wall.
Companies can create as many wall feeds as desired – there is no limit. Feeds can be setup for all users, or separate feeds can be built for specific users based on roles and responsibilities.
To setup a new wall feed or edit an existing feed, click Feed Setup on the top right of the Wall page. When viewing the Event Feeds page, all active feeds will display by default. To view inactive feeds, check the box for Show Inactive.
To add a new feed, click the +Add button on the top right of the page. To edit an existing feed, click the pencil icon next to the desired feed.
Requirements: All feeds require a Feed Name and at least one selected Trigger. The company will be auto-selected for company level wall feeds. If any of these requirements are removed on an active (existing) feed, the feed will be automatically inactivated and users will be prompted with a warning message to complete the missing requirements and reactivate. Note! The feed will not be reactivated automatically!
Input a feed name, such as "Enrollment Changes" or "New Hires". If desired, add an optional description of the events/changes that are included in that feed.
Select the type of event changes that will trigger wall notifications. Triggers are broken out into three different types: Benefit Categories, Carriers and Event Groups. A description of each type is listed below.
Benefit Categories: Wall notifications will be triggered anytime an employee has an enrollment change in the selected benefit(s).
Ex: Medical is selected. Wall notifications will be triggered if an employee adds a spouse to medical coverage, or if a new employee enrolls in medical during new hire enrollment.
Carriers: Wall notifications will be triggered anytime an employee has an enrollment change in a plan that is under the selected carrier(s).
Ex: Carefirst is selected. Wall notifications will be triggered if an employee adds a spouse to medical coverage, or if a new employee enrolls in medical during new hire enrollment, and the medical plan is with Carefirst.
Event Groups: Wall notifications will be triggered anytime an employee has an event that falls under the selected event group(s).
Ex: Add coverage is selected. Wall notifications will be triggered if an employee adds coverage due to a life event or new hire enrollment, or if admin enrolls an employee in coverage via the Modify Current Enrollment link on the employee’s page.
See below for the list of events associated with each event group trigger.
- New employee adds coverage during new hire enrollment
- Employee adds coverage due to a life event
- Employee add dependent coverage due to a life event
- Admin adds coverage via the Modify Current Enrollment link
- HR Enrollment Date Override
- Employee coverage is ended due to employment termination
- New employee declines coverage during new hire enrollment
- Employee drops coverage due to a life event
- Employee drops dependent coverage due to a life event
- Admin drops/ends coverage via the Modify Current Enrollment link
- Admin drop coverage via the Enrollment Editor tool
- Employee adds or drops dependent coverage that results in a cost change due to coverage level change
- Employee makes a contribution change to HSA or cafeteria election
- Employee has a current (or future scheduled) salary change that results in a benefit and/or cost change in an income-based benefit
- Employee has a benefit and/or cost change due to age reduction rules (e.g. Employee turns 65 and Voluntary Life benefit is reduced by 25%)
- Employee has a cost change due to age-banded changes (e.g. Employee turns 35 and ages up to next age bracket in Vol Life FOMF birthday)
- Employee and/or dependent requested a Vol Life benefit amount over the plan GI and pending amounts were approved/rejected/declined or withdrawn)
Advanced Payroll Deduction Inserted
- Employee enrolls, drops or changes coverage that results in the insertion or deactivation of payroll deductions
- Note! For advanced payroll tracking only!
- Employee makes an address change during new hire enrollment, onboarding, or mid-year via the Profile tab on their homepage
Employee Date of Birth
- Employee makes a change to his/her DOB
- Employee has a salary change/update
- Employee SSN was changed
- New employee is hired via the Add an Employee tool
- Employee is rehired
- Employee is reinstated
- Employee is terminated
Backdated Employee Termination
- Employee is terminated with a termination date that exceeds the acceptable 30 day (prior) time frame
- The Terminate Editor tool was used to change an employee termination date
Employee Terminated - Coverage Ended
- Employee is terminated and had enrollments ended as a result of the termination.
Note! As of 10.17.19, this event is now also being written when an employee is terminated through a Payroll integration and coverage is ended as a result of the termination.
Employee Hire Date or Termination Date Change
- Employee DOH or Termination date was changed
- Note! Terminations date change is specific to payroll integration!
- Employee has a class change
- Employee has a change in benefit eligibility
- Employee is newly eligible for benefits
- Employee has an ACA classification change
- Employee is eligible for new hire stability period
- Employee is eligible for ongoing stability period
- Employee requested a profile change that is pending HR approval
- Employee requested a dependent profile change that is pending HR approval
- Employee enrollment (NH, NE and life event) is pending HR approval
- Employee requested to unlock open enrollments
Workflow Document uploaded
- Employee uploaded a document for an onboarding task
Note! This will only trigger a wall notification the first time a EE uploads a document. If you would like to receive another notification, the task would have to be reassigned.
- Employee completed a required onboarding task
Note! This will only trigger a wall notification the first time a EE completes a task. If you would like to receive another notification, the task would have to be reassigned.
- Employee completed or updated the Federal or State withholding onboarding task
- Employee completed I-9 onboarding task
Enrollment PDF Form Created
- A PDF Enrollment form was generated for an employee. Note that this event is triggered any time a new PDF enrollment form is generated. This includes:
- New Hire Enrollment
- Newly Eligible Enrollment
- Life Events
- Open Enrollment (note: to avoid a large volume of notifications during open enrollment, remove this wall trigger while open enrollment is occurring for employees and re-add once the open enrollment session is closed.)
- Created using the Bulk Generate tool (Benefits > Enrollment Tools > Plans with Employee Enrollment Forms > Generate
- Generating a new version of the form for an employee (Reports > Employee Enrollment Forms > Generate New)
New Hire Enrollment Complete
- Employee completed new hire enrollment
- Note! This is our first pass at grouped event notifications. To trigger this event, NH enrollment settings (company Benefits tab > Enrollment > Pending new hire enrollments) must be set to Pending Until All Completed (triggered when employee hits Agree) or Pending Until HR Approves (triggered when HR approves). We recommend creating a separate feed to test out this new trigger. Keep in mind that the Add Coverage trigger will still post individual notifications for new hire enrollments at this time. Additionally, the Add Coverage trigger will still need to be used for coverages added via a life event or the Modify Current Enrollment link.
Bulk Plan Cost/Benefit Recalculated
- Admin processed a plan rate recalculation
Suppressing Wall Feeds based on Processing Type
If an enrollment related event is tied to a trigger, the option to "Suppress wall feeds based on processing type?" will be available. An enrollment related event can fall into the following groupings:
- Add Coverage
- End Coverage
- Cost/Benefit Change
We added the ability to suppress wall feeds based on processing types to eliminate clutter on the wall when a company is using the EN-Exchange. If a user chooses to "Suppress wall feeds based on processing type" AND an automated plan processing type exists for a plan tied to that feed, then we will not write events to the wall. Automated processing types are:
- 834 EDI feed
- the Data Exchange
- 3rd Party Apps
Events will continue to be written on the employee timeline and all other locations where the events are currently surfaced. Events will continue to be written on the Events report, Enrollment changes report, Vol Life events report (when applicable), ad-hoc reports, etc. The only place where we are suppressing the writing of events is on the wall feed itself if it an automated processing type. Emails will not be triggered for suppressed wall events.
Example of a feed with "Suppress wall feeds based on processing type?" selected:
A company has a FSA plan with the processing type = Data Exchange. This company also has a medical plan with the processing type = Do not track. The wall has a feed configured with a Benefit Categories trigger setup for Flexible Spending Account and Medical. The group selects to "Suppress wall feeds based on processing type?" An employee, John Smith, enrolls in the FSA plan and medical plan. Expectation is that an Add Coverage Event will be written to John Smith’s timeline for the FSA and Medical enrollment. The FSA event will not be written to the wall because of the suppress check and the processing type that is configured for the FSA plan. The medical enrollment will be written to the wall because the processing type on that plan is not an automated processing type.
The company will be auto-selected for company level feeds.
Select the people who should receive notifications for this feed. All active HR users will be listed. If nothing is selected for a user, the user won’t see or receive notifications for any events that occur under that feed. By checking Subscribe, event notifications will be posted to that user’s Wall. By checking Email, event notifications will also be emailed to that user based on the user’s individual email preferences that are configured under their user account.
To change a user’s email frequency, go the user’s account > Profile tab > and adjust the Wall Email Frequency field. Currently available options are either No email notifications, or every 15, 30, 45 or 60 minutes. For example, if a user selected 30 mins, that user will receive a summary email every 30 mins of all events that occurred for feeds with Email checked off for that user. If no events occurred, no email will be sent.
- To receive email notifications, both Subscribe and Email must be checked.
- If a user's email frequency is set to No email notifications prior to checking Email in the feed setup, the frequency will automatically flip to 60 minutes. Users can adjust their preferences by going back to their account.
- The maximum number of notifications supported in one email is 100. If more than 100 events occurred, And more… will display at the bottom of the email and users will need to navigate to their Wall tab to view the additional events.
- Email should never be your definitive notification because email is not 100% reliable and delivery issues can be out of our control.
Optional checklist/to-do items requiring action when certain events occur can be added to feeds. When viewing the Wall, all event that have checklist items requiring action will reflect a clipboard icon on the bottom right of the card.
Users can view the checklists for each event and check off items as they complete them. For historical tracking purposes, all completed items will reflect the user who completed it and the date/time it was completed. Checklists make it easy for users to identify tasks that require action for specific events.
Example checklist: HR needs to complete several tasks when an employee is terminated. A feed could be configured so that notifications would be triggered when an employee is terminated, and the following checklist items could be added:
- Inactive email account
- Send notification of exiting employee
- Complete exit interview
Any time an employee is terminated, users will be able to keep track of those to-do items and cross them off once completed.
To delete a checklist item from a wall feed, go to Wall> Feed Setup> Select the feed> Checklists> Edit the checklist item> Click the trash icon.
NOTE! If you created a checklist and it is either no longer needed or needs to be changed, be sure to Bulk Complete your checklist items prior to deleting or change the name of the checklist item. Leaving incomplete checklist items prior to deleting/editing will result in an error and the event will not be removed from the wall as expected.
Bulk Complete Checklist Items
To bulk complete checklist items, click Feed Stats> Mark All Complete for the wall feed you would like to mark as done.
NOTE! You will only have the ability to complete ALL checklist tasks for a wall feed. Be cautious when more than one checklist task is added to a wall feed. If you have multiple checklist tasks within a feed, you will not be able to select the specific task you want to complete.
Event Notification Cards
Event notification cards display both the company and employee name in the top left of the card. These are clickable links that allow quick navigation directly to the company home tab or employee record. Basic event change info, such as New Hire Enrollment Completed, is displayed in the middle of the card. The bottom left of the card reflects the event date/time stamp and the feed name.
If a comment was posted to an event, a comment icon with the number of comments posted will be displayed on the bottom right of the card. Likewise, if the event has checklist items attached to it, a small clipboard/check icon will display in the bottom right of the card, along with the number of items completed (first number) out of the total number of items. Example: 0/2 = 0 out of 2 checklist items completed. To access the checklist and/or to post a comment, click on the card to pop it open. To view Completed By and Completed Date details for checklist items, hover mouse over grey person icon next to specific checklist item.
All enrollment change events display a View Details link in the top right of the card, which displays specific details about the employee and event that occurred. The purpose of the event details page is to present users with all employee data they need to update the carrier portals. The left side displays employee and dependent demographic information, and the right side displays enrollment information. Each section and/or line of coverage can be expanded or collapsed, which provides users with an easy way to isolate specific information at any given time. The event details page can also be printed, and users can pick and choose which sections to include on the printed version by using the expand/collapse tool. Note! Collapsed sections will not be included when printing.
By default, all notes are displayed on the Notes page and sorted by newest to oldest. Notes also display the company and employee name in the top left of the card for quick navigation. The body of the note displays in the middle of the card, and the note creation date/time stamp and author are listed on the bottom left. Like event cards, if a note has comments or checklists, those icons will display on the bottom right of the card. Users can also follow notes by clicking Follow in the upper right of the card. All followed notes can be easily identified by using the Only Following filter.
With notes, users can add checklist items on the fly. To access the checklist tool or to post a comment, click on the card to pop it open. To add checklist items, click the Checklist button under the Actions menu on the right. To add additional tasks, click +Add.
Example checklist: An employee note was posted regarding a request for a new medical ID card. HR could add tasks for processing the request with the carrier and then confirming that the employee has received his new ID card. This allows HR to track progress of items still requiring action.
Below the Actions menu is the Share settings for a note, which allows users to change who the note is shared with, even after it’s been posted. If a note’s author is an HR user, all users under that company have the ability to edit the share settings. The same is also true for broker users under the same agency. Note! Notes created by HR users are visible to all other HR users under that company. Likewise, notes created by agency users are visible to all other users under that agency.
Why isn't a user isn't receiving email notifications?
- Confirm that Email is checked off next to the user's name under the People tab of the feed setup
- Confirm the user's Wall Email Frequency field isn't set to No email notifications
- Confirm that emails weren't sent to a Spam or Junk folder
- Keep in mind that notifications will not be emailed as soon as an event occurred - events will be summarized and emailed based on the user's Wall Email Frequency setting
*NOTE: Wall emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to have your IT department make sure this email address is being whitelisted.
Why aren't emails being sent automatically each time an employee event occurs?
Currently, we do not support the option to send email notifications immediately after an event occurs. Summary emails will be sent out based on a user's email frequency setting (under user's profile).
Can separate email notifications be sent per feed/company?
Unfortunately, email notifications cannot be separated by feed or company. At this time, events for all active feeds will be included in the same email and be sent per the selected frequency that is located under the user's profile.
Why aren't enrollment events writing to the Wall?
Is the company setup so that new hire/newly eligible enrollments or life event changes pend for HR approval? If so, these events won't get written to the Wall until HR approves them. To check the settings for new hire/newly eligible enrollment, go to the company Benefits tab > Enrollment > Pending new hire enrollments. For Life Events, go to the company Benefits tab > Life Events and click Edit next to the specific life event to confirm if Approval Required is checked.
To capture pending enrollment changes on the Wall, the trigger for HR Tasks (under Event Groups category) should be selected.
I just saved my Wall Feed. Why am I not seeing it in the list of active feeds?
You still need to activate the wall feed. By default, wall feeds are not activated until you click the "Active" button on the wall feed. To activate, go into your Wall Feed > click on "No" next to Active. This will activate your wall feed as long as all the fields have been configured. A incomplete wall feed will show you what fields you still need to fill out.
Will demo employees display on the Wall feeds?
Yes, our system is designed to include demo employees on the feeds as this is the way a test of a feed can be tested, otherwise the feed would only be able to be verified when triggered by a live employee event.