Cafeteria Exchange Overview for Brokers
The integration between Employee Navigator and Third Party Administrators (TPA's) includes an easy to connect, low maintenance file transfer.
The following product types are currently supported through the integration:
- Flexible Spending Account
- Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Transit Reimbursement Account
- Parking Reimbursement Account
- Healthcare Savings Account
- Healthcare Reimbursement Account
*Please confirm directly with the TPA which products they will accept for your group
Available Cafeteria, HRA & HSA TPA's
TPA's will receive full files from Employee Navigator automatically identifying the following for processing:
- Enrollments: Initial for new groups, new hire, open
- Changes / updates to enrollments and demographics
TPA's can opt to set a schedule for the file and select the day(s) received. The schedule set is for all of their connected companies. They are not able to set a schedule per client.
See below for a list of available TPA's and the file transmission schedule** they have selected:
**Note! If they do not have a schedule listed then a user within the TPA should be logging in to generate and download files. For specific questions on when the file is being pulled, contact the TPA directly.
This list was created as a general list of information for our users. Schedules are subject to change. EN is not notified when a TPA updates their schedule. If a schedule has changed, EN will update quarterly or as needed. The TPA should always be the resource to confirm if files are received and processed.
|Cafeteria, HSA, HRA|
|Accrue Solutions||Weekly||Mon - Fri|
|American Benefits Group||Weekly||Wed|
|American Health Resources||See Note ** Above|
|Benefit Coordinators||See Note ** Above|
|Benefit Resource||Weekly||Mon - Fri|
|Ben-X||See Note ** Above|
|Clarity Benefit Solutions||Weekly||Sun - Sat|
|David K. Young Consulting||Weekly||Thu|
|Employee Benefits Corporation||Weekly||Tue|
|Flexible Benefit Administrators||Weekly||Wed|
|HealthEquity||Weekly||Mon - Fri|
|HR Service||Weekly||Mon - Fri|
|IGOE||See Note ** Above|
|Lively||Weekly||Mon - Fri|
|McGregor & Associates||Weekly||Fri|
|National Benefit Services||Weekly||Mon|
|Navia Benefit Solutions||Weekly||Mon|
|OCA Benefit Services||Weekly||Thu|
|Paylocity Benefit Services||See Note ** Above|
|Proficient Benefit Solutions||Weekly||Thu|
|Progressive Benefit Solutions||See Note ** Above|
|Stanley Benefit Services||Weekly||Mon, Thu|
|The Advantage Group||Weekly||Thu|
|The Difference Card||Weekly||Wed|
|The Employers Association||Weekly||Mon, Wed|
|The Harrison Group||See Note ** Above|
File integration is supported for new and existing cases. Brokers should contact the TPA Representative to discuss using the EN-Exchange
Prior to Connecting to the Cafeteria Exchange:
- If the group is currently with the TPA then just ask the representative if they require anything to be completed but typically you will just need to make the connection request.
- If the group is looking to change TPA's then you still need to complete their required group applications / implementation paperwork & make sure to tell them you will be using the EN-Exchange to send the groups enrollments.
- It is best practice to ask the TPA how they setup the plans in their system and then ensure the groups plans in EN match those the TPA has setup. 1:1 match is required.
- Ensure the TPA has setup their payroll calendar to match with the payroll calendar setup in EN.
- It is best practice to audit plans, employee/dependent demographic and enrollment data before connecting. The majority of TPA's will consider the file coming from EN as the source of record and update their system accordingly. They do not typically provide a report that indicates the differences from their system to EN.
Make the Connection to the Cafeteria Exchange:
Follow this link for step by step instructions on making the connection and excluding needed plans: How to connect a client to the Cafeteria Exchange and exclude plans
TPA Error Reports
It is the broker / HR on-going responsibility to work through any errors/discrepancies provided by the TPA in a timely manner. EN does not know what the TPA's error reports mean so please 1st contact the TPA. If you have reached out the the TPA and need EN assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Helpful Articles
Support & Questions
- For Employee Navigator related questions on Employee Navigator’s EN-Exchange with the carrier, reach out to email@example.com
- For TPA related questions, please contact your TPA Representative