The Employee Navigator – Everwell integration is a third party app integration that debuted in June 2018 in Phase 1 for new hire enrollments. Support for Year 2 enrollments was released into production January 2019 and support for automated sync file was released into production March 2019. The final phase of the integration is the support for employment terminations, existing policy cancellations and policy changes with a target release date TBD. Until that time employment terminations, cancellations & changes must be communicated to Aflac directly.
Grandfathered Aflac Product Codes are not supported through the Everwell bridge. These include:
- Intensive Care
- Life Plus
- Group Short Term
- Specified Health Event*
Products that are not available in Everwell cannot be enrolled in Employee Navigator through the integration. This includes grandfathered plans that are no longer sold by Aflac, such as Intensive Care. If an employee has a legacy enrollment in one of these products, payroll deductions will need to be managed outside of the system. Likewise, if the employee would like to cancel or change, they will need to contact Aflac directly.
*There are multiple Specified Health Event (SHE) products. Some SHE products can be enrolled through the Everwell connection if categorized as Critical Illness.
Agent Assisted or Self Enroll
Employee Navigator supports self-enroll or agent-assisted enrollments. All plans, except disability and life products, are defaulted to self-enroll in Everwell.* If the producer wishes to request an exception to allow self-service enrollment on disability or life, they should submit a request via Field Force Services.
*Enroller assistance is required for ALL products in Virginia, Montana and Puerto Rico.
When an Everwell producer is configuring Everwell, they select the pay frequency to be used to calculate the premiums displayed once they bridge to the Everwell platform. Once the employee or agent completes the enrollment in Everwell, the monthly premium is returned to Employee Navigator. Employee Navigator then applies the frequency associated with the employee's payroll group and if there is no payroll group, it will apply the frequency associated with the employee's class.
To this end, for accurate payroll deduction reporting, please be sure each employee is assigned to their actual payroll deduction frequency when using the Everwell bridge. If the frequency that your group would like to support does NOT exist in EN, you will need to work with your client to establish a deduction frequency that can be supported.
- Important Note: The Customize Deduction Dates tool does not work with Third Party App plans - if you are skipping pay period deductions you should select the correct class and frequency from the drop-down.
- Example: For bi-weekly 26 pay with only 24 deductions, you should use the "Bi-Weekly 24" option from the drop-down box. If you use Bi-Weekly 26 and skip 2 in the "Customized Deduction Dates" tool then your Everwell rates will be calculated based on 26.
In order for the bridge to connect there are certain data elements that the Employees profile must contain in Employee Navigator.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Job Title
- Zip Code
- Dependents must have First & Last name, DOB, Gender & address populated
- Additional Notes:
- Aflac has data validation checks on SSN and address and an employee will fail to bridge if those data points are "fake."
- Phone Number or extension is not required, but if entered it must be numeric
- Employees under the age of 18 may not be eligible to enroll depending on state laws and/or the plan design. Please confirm with your agent.
Canceling or Changing an existing coverage during Open Enrollment
- Cancellations: An employee or agent cannot cancel existing coverage through the bridge. In order to properly cancel an existing plan, the employee or enroller MUST be sent to Aflac. These requests can be sent by logging into Aflac.com or by calling 1.800.99.AFLAC (1.800.992.3522).
- Please note: when you bridge to Everwell with existing coverage you will be presented an option to "decline" - this button does NOT cancel existing coverage; instead you are "declining" to make any permissible changes.
- Changes: An employee or agent cannot cancel existing coverage through the bridge. Examples of a policy change include but are not limited to Name Change, Address Change, Downgrades (e.g. deleting riders), Occupation Class change, Beneficiary change, Deletions, Transfers to another account or to a direct bill. In order to properly cancel an existing plan, the employee or enroller MUST be sent to Aflac. These requests can be sent by logging into Aflac.com or by calling 1.800.99.AFLAC (1.800.992.3522).
- Please note: Any changes that are made with Aflac directly will be updated in EN on a future Express Services sync file.
- Conversions: Aflac defines a conversion as a replacement of an existing policy with a different plan under the same product umbrella. Examples of a conversion include, but are not limited to, increasing coverage, plan level or benefit amount.
- Please note: Adding or deleting dependents that result in a coverage iter change would NOT be considered a conversion (instead that would be considered a change that has to be made outside of EN).
The only fully supported third party app reports are the Ad Hoc Payroll Deduction and Payroll Deduction Changes report. If your group is completing a 1st time enrollment through the Everwell connection, we recommend you use EN’s payroll deduction report or integrated payroll.
Please note: While changes and cancellations are not supported through the Everwell integration in EN, any changes made with Aflac directly will be included on the next Express Services file and updated in EN as appropriate. The sync file will ensure that EN and Aflac policy data are kept in sync.
Employment terminations are not automatically passed from Employee Navigator to Aflac. When an employee is terminated in Employee Navigator, the employer or system administrator must notify Aflac of the termination, which can be made by the payroll administrator through Aflac’s Business Services system. This is the standard method for facilitating billing and changes on Aflac's individual/traditional plans. For specific requests to administer changes for a particular case via data exchange, submit a request to AccountRelations@aflac.com and someone will reach out directly to you to assist you with getting this set-up.
Does the integration support conversions?
Yes. You can do an "Add" conversion (for example an STD buy up) but to decrease you will need to submit a change form. Once Aflac processes the change form, it will be returned to EN on the next Express Services sync file, thereby keeping the 2 systems in sync.
Does the integration support Dependent Only policies?
No. The integration only supports policies that are written in the Employee Name. True dependent only policies are written in the dependent name with their associated SSN and DOB.
Can the Enrollment Editor be used to modify dates/costs with 3rd party enrollments?
No. The partner system is the system of record. Employee Navigator is simply displaying the enrollment data provided by the carrier. If an enrollment appears incorrect, changes should be made in the partner system and then brought into EN through the bridge/sync. Changes made in EN do not transmit to the partner system, therefore modifications made using the Enrollment Editor don't actually change the coverage as far as the carrier is concerned.
Any changes made to third party enrollments with the Enrollment Editor is at best a temporary change. An enrollment ended/changed in EN will be reinstated on the next bridge/sync unless the change is made in the partner system too.