In an effort to simplify building plans, Employee Navigator offers the ability to copy plans you have already created in the system down to all of your companies. To copy a plan, you must first have the "Allow Plan Setup" permission set for your account. Once you have this, you can go to any company > Benefits > Add a Plan > Copy an Existing Plan.
There are a total of 4 places you could potentially copy a plan from:
- Copy a plan from this company: Allows the user to copy a plan created at the current company they are working on.
- Note: This is the only option HR Users will have if they have Plan Setup permissions
- Copy a plan from another company: Allows the user to copy a plan created at another company under the brokerage.
- Note: Benefits or Contributions based on class structure unique to the company you are copying from will not be copied over to a different company.
- Copy a plan from library company: Allows the user to copy a plan created under the company library. For more on creating plans in the company library, check out our Company Library article.
- Copy a plan from a General Agency Library: Similar to the company library. GA users can create a plan library at the GA Level. By doing this, brokers under the GA will be able to copy those plans to any company under the GA.
Once you choose where you want to copy your plan from, you will be able to edit:
- Plan Name: By default, the new plan will be labeled as a copy of the original plan. This is where you can change the name of the plan for new company you are adding it to.
- Carrier: By default, this will be the carrier from the plan you selected. All of EN's pre-configured carriers will appear in this drop down for you to choose from.
Include: This section is where you can choose to include/exclude certain information from being copied over to the new plan. The fields include:
- Basic: This field is not editable. This is copying over info added under the policy info, such as Carrier, Plan Type, Situs State, Carrier Plan Code, Bill Options and Carrier Form.
- Plan Services - This will copy over the specific Benefit Summary added to the plan
- Plan Description - This will copy over the Plan Summary added under the Communications section of the plan.
- Decision Support - If added to the plan, this will copy over the Decision Support setup for the copied plan (located in Policy Info)
- Plan Links - Any links added at the plan level will be copied over (located in Policy Info)
- Plan Documents - Any documents added to the plan will be copied over to the new plan (located in Policy Info)
- Custom Text - Any custom text added to the plan under policy info will be copied over (located in Policy Info)
- Primary Contacts - Will copy the primary contact and phone number added to the original plan (located in Policy Info)
- Contacts - Will copy all the contacts added to the plan (located in Policy Info)
- Questions and Disclosures - Any questions or disclosures added to the plan will be copied over to use on the new plan.
- Commissions - Agent IDs must be configured before assigning to the plan. Once Agent ID have been created, within the plan setup there is a new sub-tab in the Advanced section for 'Commissions'. These commissions can be copied over from plan to plan.
- Bundles - Any plans bundled with the plan being copied can also be copied over to the new plan.
- Use Default Eligibility: By selecting this box, the default eligibility you have set up at the company will be used for the plan. For more on default eligibility, please check out this article: Default Eligibility Rules
Additional information that will be copied over includes:
- Benefit information including Benefit Types, Benefit Amounts and Guaranteed Issue amounts
- Costs including Rate Settings, Rates, and Contributions
- Note: Benefits or Contributions based on a class structure unique to the company you are copying from will not be copied over to a different company.
Limitation: Currently, Retirement Plans are unable to be copied.